grizzly bear missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
greylaghunter
Scout

grizzly bear missions

Post by greylaghunter »

anyone else having difficulty harvesting a fleeing grizzly with the .300 bolt action rifle I have stalked three bears got them to flee shot them but I have not had one registered for the mission
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: grizzly bear missions

Post by HooCairs »

The obvious upfront, is the mission activated? :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

yes the mission is activated I wait until the bear stands up then when it flees I have shot three that way but none have registered,maybe have to get them fleeing and not standing
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Check the "Animal State" on the scoresheets. I suspect only "Running" is valid. multiple shots would have to be all "Running"
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Shot in the air and when the bear runs away, shoot it from behind. You can shoot as often as you like as long as it is running away from you.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:Shot in the air and when the bear runs away, shoot it from behind. You can shoot as often as you like as long as it is running away from you.
You also have to be really lucky. The bear has to be near the rivers, or in open plain, or it will run in to the trees quickly and you will lose it. Even if you hit it, try tracking one of those suckers, zig zagging all over, in the tall grass while the sun is shining.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Shot in the air and when the bear runs away, shoot it from behind. You can shoot as often as you like as long as it is running away from you.
You also have to be really lucky. The bear has to be near the rivers, or in open plain, or it will run in to the trees quickly and you will lose it. Even if you hit it, try tracking one of those suckers, zig zagging all over, in the tall grass while the sun is shining.
This is why Roscoe never leaves my side in TgT. I've even had trouble finding a wolf in that grass that my scent hound is standing there barking at, lol.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

I'm having trouble with this one too. Texas heart shots on two of them. Neither one registered. Not sure what the heck is going on. Tough mission for sure!

Edit:
Checked the stats and the first one was trotting. It must have just finished fleeing. The second one was running (assume "fleeing") and I plugged 2 shots in his butt, but I clipped it in the paw while it was charging so I guess it must have disqualified. I'll say it again - tough mission!
Code: Select all

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

mikeman1 wrote:I'm having trouble with this one too. Texas heart shots on two of them. Neither one registered. Not sure what the heck is going on. Tough mission for sure!

Edit:
Checked the stats and the first one was trotting. It must have just finished fleeing. The second one was running (assume "fleeing") and I plugged 2 shots in his butt, but I clipped it in the paw while it was charging so I guess it must have disqualified. I'll say it again - tough mission!
Fire a shot in the air when the bear is standing or growling..that will make it flee without you having to shoot it when its charging.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
mikeman1 wrote:I'm having trouble with this one too. Texas heart shots on two of them. Neither one registered. Not sure what the heck is going on. Tough mission for sure!

Edit:
Fire a shot in the air when the bear is standing or growling..that will make it flee without you having to shoot it when its charging.
I tried to miss, but he came charging over a hill before I could see him. I tried to aim for the ground but I got him in the paw just before he clocked me LOL. Turns out there was a big clearing just over the hill so I got him once in the butt, tracked him for a freaking mile and finally knocked him down with another shot. He was running but it didn't count. D*%n! And we gotta get 3 of these?
Code: Select all

Return to “Missions”