"Blame Science" Alpine Ibex mission is ridiculously difficult

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: "Blame Science" Alpine Ibex mission is ridiculously difficult

Post by JackRbbt »

If you know how to climb Mount Oprawca, install a tent up there and head toward the marked peak (if not, check the forum for HooCairs' video about climbing there). 8 out of 10 times, you have goats bellow you, climbing. You can even stand, they are not seeing you (the slope is very steep), so you can wait for them to come into required range and take the shoot.
Spoiler:

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JackRbbt wrote:If you know how to climb Mount Oprawca, install a tent up there and head toward the marked peak (if not, check the forum for HooCairs' video about climbing there). 8 out of 10 times, you have goats bellow you, climbing. You can even stand, they are not seeing you (the slope is very steep), so you can wait for them to come into required range and take the shoot.
The problem with climbing Mt Oprawca using Hoo's video; he doesn't show the co-ordinates where to begin. I have tried several times based on my knowledge of the terrain, but I still can't figure out exactly where he started. His video only says, "this is where you enter the mountain".

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

stancomputerhunter wrote:The problem with climbing Mt Oprawca using Hoo's video; he doesn't show the co-ordinates where to begin.
He does. https://youtu.be/AzVeQfm0qFY?t=25
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Animals can smell, hear and see a hunter. All these things need to be taken into account. An animal that is in a "nervous" state is on high alert and high scoring animals have better senses. Animals could also be spooked by other animals and wearing the wrong camo (I have seen people using ghillie) or no camo at all or using the wrong pose (It's preferred to go prone when you get really close to animals that have great senses) makes it easier for an animal to spot the hunter.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

The only coordinates in that video are where your tent is located. You walk to the entrance to the path for the beginning. I can't find that spot.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:The only coordinates in that video are where your tent is located. You walk to the entrance to the path for the beginning. I can't find that spot.
Stan, the coordinates of the entrance to the mountain (just past the little bush) are X: 2662, Y: -3156. :)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

you think this mission i hard. wait until you attempt the next one. Caladonianblues helped me out. we took turns spotting and calling where the bolt landed and adjusted accordingly. we quickly found out he was the better shot and i think he got all 4 of them for me. hil side looked like a xmas tree by the end and we were at a range where the goats only spooked when you hit them dead on

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

JimboCrow wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:The only coordinates in that video are where your tent is located. You walk to the entrance to the path for the beginning. I can't find that spot.
Stan, the coordinates of the entrance to the mountain (just past the little bush) are X: 2662, Y: -3156. :)
Thanks, Jimbo, I will give it a go.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

L3M182 wrote:you think this mission i hard. wait until you attempt the next one. Caladonianblues helped me out. we took turns spotting and calling where the bolt landed and adjusted accordingly. we quickly found out he was the better shot and i think he got all 4 of them for me. hil side looked like a xmas tree by the end and we were at a range where the goats only spooked when you hit them dead on
Calling? With what? There is no caller for ibex. Are you OK L3M182??? :D (JK. I know what you meant. ;) )
Graidlyz
Spotter

Post by Graidlyz »

L3M182 wrote:you think this mission i hard. wait until you attempt the next one. Caladonianblues helped me out. we took turns spotting and calling where the bolt landed and adjusted accordingly. we quickly found out he was the better shot and i think he got all 4 of them for me. hil side looked like a xmas tree by the end and we were at a range where the goats only spooked when you hit them dead on
sounds much easier to me, as long as there is no max distance limit

Return to “Missions”