Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I know that doesn't prove anything, but I also tried to finish that mission a few times in the last 3 months and I never found the bear. Spawning at a tent about 150-200 meters from the coordinates. Did anyone finish "Illegally blonde" in the last months? Could it be that the mission got bugged at some point?
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Did anyone finish "Illegally blonde" in the last months?
Yep.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p887625
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Did anyone finish "Illegally blonde" in the last months?
Yep.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p887625
Good to know - thanks David. Seems I have to visit RFF again in the near future... :)
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tried two more times tonight - found a bunch of female bear tracks in the area, tried to follow them all, but I have yet to see a blonde bear there. I'm still not convinced that spawning the mission target is working all the time, but maybe I just need more patience and a little more luck.

While we're at it: Am I the only one who thinks that the amount of glacier bears was massively increased when they changed the bear models? They used to be the least frequent of the fur variations, but now it seems to me that every other bear is a glacier... :?
Image Image Image
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Tried two more times tonight - found a bunch of female bear tracks in the area, tried to follow them all, but I have yet to see a blonde bear there. I'm still not convinced that spawning the mission target is working all the time, but maybe I just need more patience and a little more luck.

While we're at it: Am I the only one who thinks that the amount of glacier bears was massively increased when they changed the bear models? They used to be the least frequent of the fur variations, but now it seems to me that every other bear is a glacier... :?
I can't answer about the "Illegally Blonde" mission, but I seem to have problems spawning all of those. I have spent days now trying to finish "Challenging Buffalo Bill", which is the final Bison mission.

As far as glacier bears go, yeah, I'm seeing the same thing since that change. I've even taken multiple glaciers in the same hunt.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hawkeye wrote:I can't answer about the "Illegally Blonde" mission, but I seem to have problems spawning all of those. I have spent days now trying to finish "Challenging Buffalo Bill", which is the final Bison mission.
Usually I have no problems with those "Single Player" missions. Got the bison on the first attempt. The final ibex took four or five attempts, but ibex are more difficult because they can roam areas you can't reach or even see. My experience is that once you have a tent nearby, you're usually good in less than five hunts. This is the reason why I suspect that the "Illegally Blonde" mission doesn't work like it should for me. Obviously some players did finish it recently, so it might be a bug that only some players encounter (wouldn't be the first time) or a bug that only occurs in certain circumstances. Of course I might only have bad luck - but as I already said, it differs vastly from my experiences with other "Single Player" missions.
Hawkeye wrote:As far as glacier bears go, yeah, I'm seeing the same thing since that change. I've even taken multiple glaciers in the same hunt.
So I'm not the only one... I took five bears tonight, three of which were glaciers.
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I know that doesn't prove anything, but I also tried to finish that mission a few times in the last 3 months and I never found the bear. Spawning at a tent about 150-200 meters from the coordinates. Did anyone finish "Illegally blonde" in the last months? Could it be that the mission got bugged at some point?
I remember seeing a post about this before, and the person solved it by starting MUCH farther away. Basically the tent being even remotely close was stopping it from spawning. Try travelling on foot from an actual lodge, maybe, or putting it like 500m off?
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I can't answer about the "Illegally Blonde" mission, but I seem to have problems spawning all of those. I have spent days now trying to finish "Challenging Buffalo Bill", which is the final Bison mission.
Usually I have no problems with those "Single Player" missions. Got the bison on the first attempt. The final ibex took four or five attempts, but ibex are more difficult because they can roam areas you can't reach or even see. My experience is that once you have a tent nearby, you're usually good in less than five hunts. This is the reason why I suspect that the "Illegally Blonde" mission doesn't work like it should for me. Obviously some players did finish it recently, so it might be a bug that only some players encounter (wouldn't be the first time) or a bug that only occurs in certain circumstances. Of course I might only have bad luck - but as I already said, it differs vastly from my experiences with other "Single Player" missions.
Hawkeye wrote:As far as glacier bears go, yeah, I'm seeing the same thing since that change. I've even taken multiple glaciers in the same hunt.
So I'm not the only one... I took five bears tonight, three of which were glaciers.
Check my hunt history out.
I've attempted this Illegally Blond mission like 13 times now. It looks like every bear shot standing on the spot of the coordinates for this mission are all Glaciers.
Some thing is terribly amiss here.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSheWolf wrote:I remember seeing a post about this before, and the person solved it by starting MUCH farther away. Basically the tent being even remotely close was stopping it from spawning. Try travelling on foot from an actual lodge, maybe, or putting it like 500m off?
Traveling from one of the lodges will take way too long - the bear can be everywhere once I'm at the spot where it was spawned. I might try to put the tent further away, but I already tried two locations and both were 250 meters from the coordinates mentioned in the mission description. This has never been a problem for me in the other "Single Player" missions.
Image Image Image
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:I remember seeing a post about this before, and the person solved it by starting MUCH farther away. Basically the tent being even remotely close was stopping it from spawning. Try travelling on foot from an actual lodge, maybe, or putting it like 500m off?
Traveling from one of the lodges will take way too long - the bear can be everywhere once I'm at the spot where it was spawned. I might try to put the tent further away, but I already tried two locations and both were 250 meters from the coordinates mentioned in the mission description. This has never been a problem for me in the other "Single Player" missions.
What does it take for someone to believe that there is a problem with this mission?
I looked back in my Em purchase history and unless I missed one I have reset the missions 7 times since 3-27-2014.
In each one of those I spawned from a tent 50 Meters from mission coordinates and harvested the animal to complete the mission.
This is the same for Illegally Blond, the piebald hog on LP, the bear at the grave yard on Hem, and the buffalo Bill mission on WRR.
Now if something has changed since the re-vamp of the bears I believe there is still a problem.
I have tried this mission (Illegally Blond) 15-20 times today spawning 50 m from coordinates. Each time there was a lone bear (small female) standing at coordinate spot, each time I harvested the bear.
Look at my hunt history, each bear taken there was a Glacier, all of them, not a blond.
It seems not every one is having this problem but for me the game is spawning a Glacier for this mission not a Blond and won't complete the mission.

Return to “Missions”