Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Longmann
Scout

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Longmann »

caledonianblues wrote:
Longmann wrote:I can confirm this mission can't be completed at the moment. :?
Bluejay confirmed just a few posts up that he recently completed it.
He added also that in his opinion it is bugged anyway.
I will probably try again since I need gm$ and have already replaced a tent for a few meters. However, something is definitely wrong with this mission.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

mapache01 wrote:Can you try it and confirm is not bugged.
No, because I can't uncheck the mission. But despite people suggesting it's bugged, some players on this thread have confirmed that they finished it (recently). I don't know if there's an issue with where the bear spawns but it's definitely possible to complete the mission. A couple of months ago when I was working on the backend, I looked at the code for the mission and it looked fine.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I will create a test account on live and try this mission again. If I'm able to do it I will upload a video. If I'm not then I will eat humble pie. I don't think I'm going to be eating any pie though :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:I will create a test account on live and try this mission again. If I'm able to do it I will upload a video. If I'm not then I will eat humble pie. I don't think I'm going to be eating any pie though :)
It's possible to finish that mission, but it seems to be much harder than the other "Single Player" missions. But let's see if you can solve the puzzle of the mysterious glacier lady... ;)
Image Image Image
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Yes you can complete this mission.
Thing is you might have to track down every bear in the spawn to find the right one.
I've done this mission like 7 or 8 times now since playing this game. It never used to be the way it has been recently.
A blonde always spawned where the glacier does now and it did not matter how far or close your tent was.
Now this may or may not be intentional, if it's not, then it's bugged.
This mission, (illegally Blonde) in it's present state, is one of the most time consuming and hardest missions to complete.
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

I have spent a few hours on this one in the last couple of days, and I feel there is something amiss.

I walked all the way from a lodge to the spawn coordinates and never got a mission activated type message. I dumped a tent and a tripod about 40 metres from the spawn coordinates. A few respawns later and it was the same glacier female in the same place each time. I did get the 'mission activated' message successfully on each occasion.

Change of tactics: I put a barrel on the spawn point, and two tents 400m away to the NW and NE respectively. The glacier female is still spawning; a search of the 'island' north of the river gave me a few male tracks, plus a further female who was plain black, but no blonde females so far.

As has been said, this feels out of all proportion for its difficulty - I did the Goldilocks mission tonight in about 15 minutes for instance (but still can't bring a Canada Goose down with a longbow!!).

I'll wait for your video caledonianblues; cream or custard with the pie? ;-)

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

A similar discussion about that mission has now started in the German forum too - several players have the same problems finding the blonde bear and have already noticed that glacier that's standing in the same spot all the time, barely moving unless it's spooked.
Roger_Mellie wrote:I'll wait for your video caledonianblues; cream or custard with the pie? ;-)
I'd serve him mustard with the pie. :D
Image Image Image
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

I am going to try to complete this mission today, first I will set up a camping tent, near the coordinates.
Then I will comment on what happens.

Spoiler:
Buena Caza
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

After set up the tent I wen to the point of coordinates, I see a bear and is a black female, almost at that point I receive the activation signal of the mission, after a few steps I find 2 tracks of other 2 females I just follow the most fresh and soon I see that it is another black female, not the blonde. Return to the other animal trail and I follow it for more than 1 hour real time until I finally see that it is not the blonde .I kill this one and I'm done with the first attempt to pass the mission. I will try again later tonight.

Spoiler:
Buena Caza
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

grancazador wrote:After set up the tent I wen to the point of coordinates, I see a bear and is a black female, almost at that point I receive the activation signal of the mission, after a few steps I find 2 tracks of other 2 females I just follow the most fresh and soon I see that it is another black female, not the blonde. Return to the other animal trail and I follow it for more than 1 hour real time until I finally see that it is not the blonde .I kill this one and I'm done with the first attempt to pass the mission. I will try again later tonight.

I set tent 250mts NORTH of your Red Mark once, and then 250-300mts NW of your red point try that you will find the same Black sow on your red point and tracks (sow and boar) to West of your red point (between the 2 hills) also maybe you will find 2-3 does and a buck, I had that pattern every time I try the mission.

Return to “Missions”