Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Roger_Mellie

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Roger_Mellie »

I'm still getting this same pattern - the 'tame' glacier female on the spawn coordinates plus tracks of another glacier female and a male.

Reading the accounts of players who have completed this mission recently, I note a couple of interesting things:

- in one case the bear seen was brown but was listed as blonde when killed.
- in all accounts of success, the bear was not near the spawn point either

It seems too random as to whether you will actually get a genuine blonde female spawn or not anywhere in the NW; with the repeated appearance of the tame glacier female I can't help but say this is not how the mission is intended to be surely?

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

I found the tracks of the blonde south/southwest of the coordinates, somewhat between the two peaks, and eventually caught up with and shot the bear.
I just searched in a semi-grid pattern until I found the correct tracks.

Edit: Attached an image showing the location of the shot.

Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Roger_Mellie wrote:I'm still getting this same pattern - the 'tame' glacier female on the spawn coordinates plus tracks of another glacier female and a male. I am 99% sure this is now a bugged mission. Sorry.
Yes, this mission is messed up. The blond is apparently spawning just not where she should, and it takes awhile to find her.
I'm beginning to wonder if the fur color is messed up. The reason I say this is because I had trouble with the coat of many colors mission.
I reset my missions again with this past weekends discount. Been working my way through the missions.
On the coat of many colors mission I had to spot 10-12 black colored black bears in order to get the four spots for this color (black) to complete it.
Also I wonder if caledonianblues has had time to test the illegally blonde mission?
Maybe he already ate to much pie for thanksgiving :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Bluejay wrote:Also I wonder if caledonianblues has had time to test the illegally blonde mission?
Haha, no, I've not had a chance yet. Haven't forgotten about it though :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Bluejay wrote:
Roger_Mellie wrote:I'm still getting this same pattern - the 'tame' glacier female on the spawn coordinates plus tracks of another glacier female and a male. I am 99% sure this is now a bugged mission. Sorry.
Yes, this mission is messed up. The blond is apparently spawning just not where she should, and it takes awhile to find her.
I'm beginning to wonder if the fur color is messed up. The reason I say this is because I had trouble with the coat of many colors mission.
I reset my missions again with this past weekends discount. Been working my way through the missions.
On the coat of many colors mission I had to spot 10-12 black colored black bears in order to get the four spots for this color (black) to complete it.
Also I wonder if caledonianblues has had time to test the illegally blonde mission?
This is a good point. When someone sees a black bear now, unless you are 10m away, it's very hard to tell what fur variation, if any, there is. It's quite likely, the "blonde" female is brown looking.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Thanks for the constructive stuff ; I noted the same thing on 'Coat of Many Colours' Bluejay - and I do recall that one being much more obvious when I did it first time round. In fact - don't think I have seen any fur variations except black glacier and brown recently.... I'll go back through my recent bear hunts.

drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I finished the mission a few days ago, even trophy shot the bear that cleared it. Heard her growl and took her out in 2 shots. I guess I just got lucky.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

drakle wrote:I finished the mission a few days ago, even trophy shot the bear that cleared it. Heard her growl and took her out in 2 shots. I guess I just got lucky.
Only took 38 minutes, and there were 3 other harvests involved. Plus she was pretty close to the spawn point.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/drak ... /576074016

To be fair though, she doesn't really look blonde, but that's a completely different matter to the mission not being possible.

I'm going to try later tonight and see how I get on.
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Good luck David - but even if the target goes back to being properly blonde, I think it would be a step in the right direction - either that or the mission description could be changed?

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Roger_Mellie wrote:Good luck David - but even if the target goes back to being properly blonde, I think it would be a step in the right direction - either that or the mission description could be changed?
I agree that it would be nicer if the blonde bears were visibly blonde, but somehow I don't envisage another bear texture review any time soon. It might just be that the mission is no longer practical given the texture subtleties, but I at least want to prove that the mission is possible on my first attempt (which technically Drakle has already proven, above). Still, another example is good reinforcement.

Return to “Missions”