Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by JimboCrow »

Bluejay, it definitely sounds bugged to me. I have encountered plenty of bugged missions.

The most recent time I completed the "We Woke Up The Mama" brown bear mission it was a NORMAL brown bear, not a Gold bear at all. And if I remember correctly, the last time I did the "Illegally Blonde" mission it was just a normal black bear. It think it might even have been a glacier now that you mention it, but I'm not sure.

However, it also could be that the mission is actually bugged in your profile. I had a Roosevelt Elk mission once which simply would not register as complete no matter how many times I accomplished it ("Spot 3 cows in a minute" I think it was - they have removed that mission now I see.) I did not receive the gm$, and I never "completed" the mission, and yet the next mission unlocked so I just went on and left it behind. (I eventually reset my all my missions and it worked fine the next time.)

Also, are you by any chance using a newly introduced weapon that might have been overlooked or incorrectly added to the permitted list for the mission?

I love doing missions though. Good luck sir!
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

JimboCrow wrote:Bluejay, it definitely sounds bugged to me. I have encountered plenty of bugged missions.

The most recent time I completed the "We Woke Up The Mama" brown bear mission it was a NORMAL brown bear, not a Gold bear at all. And if I remember correctly, the last time I did the "Illegally Blonde" mission it was just a normal black bear. It think it might even have been a glacier now that you mention it, but I'm not sure.

However, it also could be that the mission is actually bugged in your profile. I had a Roosevelt Elk mission once which simply would not register as complete no matter how many times I accomplished it ("Spot 3 cows in a minute" I think it was - they have removed that mission now I see.) I did not receive the gm$, and I never "completed" the mission, and yet the next mission unlocked so I just went on and left it behind. (I eventually reset my all my missions and it worked fine the next time.)

Also, are you by any chance using a newly introduced weapon that might have been overlooked or incorrectly added to the permitted list for the mission?

I love doing missions though. Good luck sir!
Been using the new 30 R o/u
Have shot other bears with this since it's release with no problem and I believe this mission allows any permitted weapon.
Will try with a different gun and see what happens but I don't think it will matter as the game keeps spawning a Glacier rather than a Blond.
Thanks for the info and good luck to you as well!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Bluejay wrote:What does it take for someone to believe that there is a problem with this mission?
What makes it hard to believe (for others) is the fact that this mission seems to work for other players. Usually I'm also very sketical to blame the game for something that might be a lack of patience on my part, but in this case I believe the mission is bugged for some players, including the two of us.
Bluejay wrote:I have tried this mission (Illegally Blond) 15-20 times today spawning 50 m from coordinates. Each time there was a lone bear (small female) standing at coordinate spot, each time I harvested the bear.
Look at my hunt history, each bear taken there was a Glacier, all of them, not a blond.
It seems not every one is having this problem but for me the game is spawning a Glacier for this mission not a Blond and won't complete the mission.
Now that's interesting. I checked your hunt history and I also checked my past attempts at that mission and I can confirm that there's always at least one female glacier bear in the area. I didn't expect it to be always standing at that exact spot (since animals are supposed to have a one-hour roaming "head start" at the beginning of a hunt), but your hunt history seems to show that this might not be the case for mission animals.

@David: Would it be possible for you to try this mission with one of our accounts, using some dev tools?
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Sorry fellows, I just read the entire thread. I certainly wasn't trying to interfere or take sides in any way, shape or form. I was only trying to be helpful. I sincerely apologize if my post gave the wrong impression to anyone. Good hunting to all.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JimboCrow wrote:Sorry fellows, I just read the entire thread. I certainly wasn't trying to interfere or take sides in any way, shape or form. I was only trying to be helpful. I sincerely apologize if my post gave the wrong impression to anyone. Good hunting to all.
I don't know who you're referring to, but I certainly knew you were trying to be helpful. Giving us a hint to use a different weapon or move the tent isn't a bad idea of course since similar problems have been there in the game (I remember losing a potential competition winning pheasant because a new shotgun hadn't been added to the valid weapons yet). In this case though my suspicion is that either the blonde bear isn't spawned at all or - as it seems after checking Bluejay's hunt history - it is spawned as a glacier bear that doesn't finish the mission even after killing and harvesting it.
Image Image Image
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

JimboCrow wrote:Sorry fellows, I just read the entire thread. I certainly wasn't trying to interfere or take sides in any way, shape or form. I was only trying to be helpful. I sincerely apologize if my post gave the wrong impression to anyone. Good hunting to all.
Hey JimboCrow. you did good, no apology needed.
Just in case, I did try this mission with the 30-06 with the same result.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Ooops... I was finally able to do it. Seems there's still hope! :D

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 23#p897923
Image Image Image
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I'm having the same trouble - it's always a glacier, standing in the same spot. Female. Going to try moving the tent around tomorrow.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Epona142 wrote:I'm having the same trouble - it's always a glacier, standing in the same spot. Female. Going to try moving the tent around tomorrow.
There is always a glacier and that's weird! But... I was able to finish the mission by following the other tracks around the area and I finally found the blonde. So, to clarify: I had that glacier too (even in the hunt that was successful in the end), but I was still able to find the blonde. When I finally did it, my tent was around 300 meters from the coordinates in the mission description by the way. The blonde had already wandered off a bit, but not much.
Image Image Image
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

I hope they fix llegally Blonde soon

Return to “Missions”