Grizzly Bear Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Grizzly Bear Missions

Post by JackRbbt »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Working on Mission 5 for Grizzly. Needs a heart shot with 100% HV. A total of two. Got one, with the .454, while it was charging at 4m. Shot pretty much took out every organ. One more to finish. Here is what I think is a perfect shot to the heart with a bear 70m away, and completely broadside. Check out this video.
Answer to the question from your video is "simple": organs map and real hit boxes positions are slightly different. From my experience with bears, aiming spot for a clean heartshot ii that:

(i used a frame from your video, so you can see the difference)
Spoiler:

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Thanks JR, going to give it another try.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Working on the mission to harvest 3 fleeing Grizzlies with the .300. Could use some tips on strategy. So far, I've tried shooting and missing so they will flee; damn things go 15 meters in to the brush (so no follow up shot), and then turn around and charge. When I was trying to make one charge, they fled. Now I want them to flee, they charge. :roll:

I have also tried to just hang out in a tower or TS to see if one just came ambling by, out in the open. No luck so far. With the roaming bug, they are impossible to stalk long distance. Couple that bug and the fact that the tracking domes can't be seen in the tall grass in the sunlight, and this is turning out to be a real challenge.

Ideas welcome. TIA.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Working on the mission to harvest 3 fleeing Grizzlies with the .300. Could use some tips on strategy. So far, I've tried shooting and missing so they will flee; damn things go 15 meters in to the brush (so no follow up shot), and then turn around and charge. When I was trying to make one charge, they fled. Now I want them to flee, they charge. :roll:

I have also tried to just hang out in a tower or TS to see if one just came ambling by, out in the open. No luck so far. With the roaming bug, they are impossible to stalk long distance. Couple that bug and the fact that the tracking domes can't be seen in the tall grass in the sunlight, and this is turning out to be a real challenge.

Ideas welcome. TIA.
In my experience to catch fleeing grizzly bears it's hard. I think the only chance is to chase them in the open areas like fields and rocky walls. And this is the only way how I can capture fleeing grizzlies, with long distance shots. Then there's tracks matter messing things even more.

Return to “Missions”