Dropping dropping dropping

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Kinarr
Tracker

Dropping dropping dropping

Post by Kinarr »

In the Redfeather mission "dropping dropping dropping" the very last checkpoint on Wreck Island did not work for me.
I checked the co-ordinates many times in the actual mission log, and theHunter wiki.
As it was the LAST checkpoint, taking great effort to do everything else required, this was frustrating.
The image shows me standing on the exact spot.
Has anyone successfully completed this mission, that can tell me my mistake.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Dropping dropping dropping

Post by stancomputerhunter »

There is a whole thread about it. I can't find it, but a Mod here probably can. There are a number of different solutions, none of them those mentioned on the description of the mission.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=73885

Was this it?
Sasquatch wrote:Took me quite a while to find this place too. Tried the east side of the island as JimboCrow suggested and had no luck, so I headed along the south coast as Slowridgco mentioned and finally hit it! It was on the cliffs on the SW corner of the island, approximately at [-13720, -3100]
I'm not sure I'm looking at the right mission, but if it uses the same wreck island as a checkpoint the location might similarly be off?
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

I just posted about this a few days ago. The coordinates that the game provides are not correct. Seems you need to find a certain spot on the island that will trigger the completion of visiting Wreck Island.

After countless hours failing, I found where I could get credit every time for visiting the island. Here is my location, marked with a yellow dot. Maybe it will work for you.

http://imgur.com/EI7JnkI

Find the tiny beach on the southern coast, go up the rocky hill on the left side of the tiny beach.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I completed 2 of the "Wreck Island" objectives by crossing the causeway, and staying as far left as I could, walking in the water. The sweet spot was not far from the causeway.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Droppin ... g_dropping
After many hours wasted beach-combing Wreck Island I can state that none of the above responses are correct.
I ask for more help to find this location and finish this mission, please.
Spoiler:
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

Kinarr wrote:http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Droppin ... g_dropping
After many hours wasted beach-combing Wreck Island I can state that none of the above responses are correct.
I ask for more help to find this location and finish this mission, please.

It took me five days to find my spot that made it work for me. If you can't find it after this long, perhaps submit a ticket about it, as it shouldn't be this difficult, especially since the coordinates the game says to go to are not correct. I remember being extremely frustrated by this task myself, so I know how you feel.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

This mission makes you feel like a pirate searching for a shipwreck and buried treasure.
I made a post about this in Bugs Section and got the attention it deserved.
So this checkpoint is now fixed, or I just got lucky.
I found the buried treasure just as I crossed the causeway.
For me, this checkpoint clicked over at (-13313 -3283).
Is this problem now fixed ?
Spoiler:
MarkScotland
Tracker

Post by MarkScotland »

This is where I completed the mission https://i.imgur.com/YhLwBtG.jpg
V_Linden

Post by V_Linden »

ApolloCreed wrote:I just posted about this a few days ago. The coordinates that the game provides are not correct. Seems you need to find a certain spot on the island that will trigger the completion of visiting Wreck Island.

After countless hours failing, I found where I could get credit every time for visiting the island. Here is my location, marked with a yellow dot. Maybe it will work for you.

[Find the tiny beach on the southern coast, go up the rocky hill on the left side of the tiny beach.

Thanks for this, saved me headache of searching a 4th time! Mission activated exactly where you have it marked. ;)

But yea, the game co-ordinates are way off.

Return to “Missions”