Bighorn Sheep missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Re: Bighorn Sheep missions

Post by ApolloCreed »

muldo wrote:Tough job finding the rams for mission 6 today, one of the three done.

4 Months later, I still have 0 out of 3. Have 3 tents set up in those mountains, but never have rams near me. 4 months is too long just trying for one and needing 3.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

ApolloCreed wrote:
muldo wrote:Tough job finding the rams for mission 6 today, one of the three done.

4 Months later, I still have 0 out of 3. Have 3 tents set up in those mountains, but never have rams near me. 4 months is too long just trying for one and needing 3.
Try to start on the middle tent and walk slowly to red circle area. It's almost flat, with only few trees and a lot of rocks and small bushes. There you can spot rams (are there almost every time!) from afar and you can plan your approach or just stalk them until they comes into bow shooting range. If any of them spooks, they mostly run toward the North-West cliffs and there is a dead trap, because they can't climb up to the top of the cliff, so you can pick them from below.

Spoiler:

ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

JackRbbt wrote:
ApolloCreed wrote:

Try to start on the middle tent and walk slowly to red circle area. It's almost flat, with only few trees and a lot of rocks and small bushes. There you can spot rams (are there almost every time!) from afar and you can plan your approach or just stalk them until they comes into bow shooting range. If any of them spooks, they mostly run toward the North-West cliffs and there is a dead trap, because they can't climb up to the top of the cliff, so you can pick them from below.

Thanks or the extra info. I already have a tent and a tower near your middle tent, and last week I moved a tent to the exact spot yours is at near Brimstone. I've had a few females in the area, which made it more interesting than usual. I'd like more Big Horns added, they seem too rare, unlike Ibex, which are more abundant. What gets me the most is that its 3 rams at 100%...not 1, and after 4 months I still can't get 1. My best was 99.5% harvest value. 13 missions left, and 5 of them are Big Horns because of this mission.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Tenpoint crossbow, from 25 meters or more, aim for both lungs or neck bones=100% harvest value.
Beside that, on absolute numbers, Bighorn and Ibex are on par, but Bighorn area is like 6-7 times larger than Ibex area, hence the feeling they are rare.
Spoiler:

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I'll take you hunting for them if you like. Piece of cake to hunt!!
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

TreeKiwi wrote:I'll take you hunting for them if you like. Piece of cake to hunt!!
Thanks for the invite, and thanks for the recommendation in private message. I watched the new video from HooCairs. It gave me a new idea about how to hunt them differently from the other suggestions in this forum post. As a result, I got 3 rams with a bow at 100% harvest in 3 days. 4 months = 0 rams 100%(old way), 3 days= 3 rams 100% (new way)

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ApolloCreed wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I'll take you hunting for them if you like. Piece of cake to hunt!!
Thanks for the invite, and thanks for the recommendation in private message. I watched the new video from HooCairs. It gave me a new idea about how to hunt them differently from the other suggestions in this forum post. As a result, I got 3 rams with a bow at 100% harvest in 3 days. 4 months = 0 rams 100%(old way), 3 days= 3 rams 100% (new way)
Good to hear it works for you too. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”