Bighorn Sheep missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Bighorn Sheep missions

Post by muldo »

Tough job finding the rams for mission 6 today, one of the three done.
DEDOBAR

Post by DEDOBAR »

I like this mission, even though it is very difficult to find a ram. But it has one flaw beauty. I built a tent at coordinates Timbergold Trails (-5886, -2785), and when you try to start the game from that point, the game can not start. I had to start from somewhere else and use camping supplies. I tried it from another location in this area but it was the same. I lost unnecessarily camping supplies, but at least I saved a tent.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DEDOBAR wrote:I like this mission, even though it is very difficult to find a ram. But it has one flaw beauty. I built a tent at coordinates Timbergold Trails (-5886, -2785), and when you try to start the game from that point, the game can not start. I had to start from somewhere else and use camping supplies. I tried it from another location in this area but it was the same. I lost unnecessarily camping supplies, but at least I saved a tent.
Probably the old "tent too close to border" bug? The latest bug report about it is here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=79119

That's of course not the mission pack's fault, it's a general problem. You will have to move your tent away from the border if it's this bug indeed.
Image Image Image
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I suggest you put a tent either by "Brimstone" or in the gully north of the mountain that lies NE of Brimstone.
I have a tent at the latter spot and I always find sheep on or around that mountain.

DEDOBAR

Post by DEDOBAR »

Ďakujem za radu. Ale to nerieši problém. Keď sa tam dá postaviť stan prečo sa k nemu nemôžem dostať pri štarte hry? Koľko je ešte takých miest v hre.
Google Translate wrote:Thanks for advice. But that does not solve the problem. When there will tent why I can not get at the start of the game? How many more such places in the game.
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on March 21st, 2017, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added translation
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It can happen with every tent too close to a border, I cannot say how far you have to place it. It's a bug and no one knows a way around it at the moment.
Google Translate wrote:To sa môže stať každému stanu príliš blízko k hranici, nemôžem povedať, ako ďaleko budete musieť umiestniť. Je to chyba a nikto nevie spôsob, ako okolo neho v túto chvíľu.
Image Image Image
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Sheep missions done, last harvest was a 146 Ram at 235m. Pleased with that. Thanks again for the missions freck1es. Interesting to read, the draft of the final mission, was to harvest 4 sheep in 15 minutes. With the use of a tent that would have worked today, 3 dead sheep within 60m. :)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Missions done! I am a bit confused (not going to say disappointed) by last mission: i expected to be a tough one, but was easiest one. Anyway, i enjoyed one day up in the mountains. ;)
Spoiler:

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

JackRbbt wrote:Missions done! I am a bit confused (not going to say disappointed) by last mission: i expected to be a tough one, but was easiest one. Anyway, i enjoyed one day up in the mountains. ;)
Well, there was some changes made to the original pack: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 1&start=50
I'd actually love to try out the original pack - but apparently EW found them too hard :lol:

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Well, yes, 4 sheep in 15 minutes sounds hard, but .... it may be not that hard. It's all about right area, a suitable weapon (7mm bull pup, anyone?) and some shooting skills. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”