Traditional Bow Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
grancazador
Scout

Re: Traditional Bow Missions

Post by grancazador »

I finish the Traditional Bows Missions, after a weekend whit no access to the oficial competitions, I decided to buy the tradition Bows bundle
because I own only two. well now I have double the Long Bow and the recurve. I do have this bows for a long time since the day was
released and never hunt whit, just make a coupe shots but no hunting, but I change my mind after this missions and i will hunt again
whit the traditionals bows.Thanks to the community members who use their time creating missions for us to have fun.

Regards and happy hunting folks.

Spoiler:
Buena Caza
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed using the trad bows. :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

DonderDeer wrote:Honestly I don't think missions should be designed with only a few people in mind, i.e. people who do a ton of bow hunting. The first bottom line goal of a mission, from a business perspective, is to be simple enough to appeal to many people, start with a weapon many people will own, and fun enough that it encourages those people (especially those who might not have purchased a bow otherwise) to purchase the next needed weapon in the store.

The new trend with missions seems to be to write them as challenging as possible - I think this is a dreadful mistake if the goal is to make money. You don't want people getting so frustrated that they refuse to even try the next pack that comes out (and possibly missing another item purchase).
We have over 400 missions, some of them are suitable for majority (it's never everyone as it's impossible) and some are designed with a specific group of people in mind, the same is with competitions. Variety is the key and the beauty. These missions were supposed to be challenging and not for everyone as traditional bows are challenging and not for everyone. If they are not for you, it's fine. I probably will never do them myself. On their own initiative, the guys spent their free time to come up with something different and exciting for players to enjoy, huge thanks to them! If you or somebody else feels like the current mission portfolio is lacking more easily accessible missions, we are always open for (better concrete) suggestions :)

I was contemplating removing the objective about the European rabbit in the first mission, because it reportedly is frustrating, but then I decided to leave it as it is.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Alena Rybik wrote:I was contemplating removing the objective about the European rabbit in the first mission, because it reportedly is frustrating, but then I decided to leave it as it is.
As I said in one of my posts "I believe a few missions are in the wrong order of difficulty."
I don't think the Rabbit mission should be the first mission but oh well I've already done them all. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Used the tripod stand on Bushrangers to get the European Rabbit, frustration from poor shooting only. Good first mission as previously stated.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

I buy Instinctive Hunting bundle... go to mission page to activate first mission - Longbow... what the ..., rage quit :D I Never buy Longbow and Cable-backed Bow - too difficult to play. For me was challenging Recurve bow... now i try this new "HEAVY" Recurve bow... i missed twice Fox, ok i try better LARGE target... and i miss from 10m Big angry Moose :) After few missed shot i hit from 19m!!! Reindeer with body shot and 816.44 wound time. Ok i better hunt with Compound Bow or better Crossbow. GL to everyone with this set of mission.
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

Since Survivability will not register for me and continues to show as incomplete in my active missions list and since theHunter still refuses to give us a simple drop or deactivate mission button, I guess I will never be able to move on to mission two.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That's weird. They register for me.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

I for one am a mission addict and i will complete these as well!
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Exanimis wrote:Since Survivability will not register for me and continues to show as incomplete in my active missions list and since theHunter still refuses to give us a simple drop or deactivate mission button, I guess I will never be able to move on to mission two.
I've reported this issue, should get looked into.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!

Return to “Missions”