Traditional Bow Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Re: Traditional Bow Missions

Post by Jimbodaddy »

I Have All the bows . I'm trying to get the third mission done . So far I've killed a ton of elk bulls with the longbow. I just can't get a heart shot. Any advice would be awesome .BTW any body hear from Exanimis?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Jimbodaddy wrote:I Have All the bows . I'm trying to get the third mission done . So far I've killed a ton of elk bulls with the longbow. I just can't get a heart shot. Any advice would be awesome .BTW any body hear from Exanimis?
What worked for me on that mission...

Call him in to a tree stand..a front shot in the chest from a downward angle at 20 to 25 meters will likely hit the heart. Aim for just where the neck merges with the breast.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

What stan said. Also, calling them to the base and shooting straight down on them works as well.

I haven't heard from Exanimis in a while. I think that he mentioned being affected by hurricane Mathew and having to take care of things. Haven't heard from him since. It's a real shame since he was so excited about these mission.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Very much echo what the two posts above note. I got the 388 Elk pictured on the previous page from that downward angle shot. Got a Blacktail directly under the tree-stand for a later mission, aimed directly between the shoulder blades.
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:What stan said. Also, calling them to the base and shooting straight down on them works as well.

I haven't heard from Exanimis in a while. I think that he mentioned being affected by hurricane Mathew and having to take care of things. Haven't heard from him since. It's a real shame since he was so excited about these mission.
Thanks for the tip. shooting straight down from the tree stand worked finally .I didn't get a huge Elk but did get the heart shot. thanks again IntinctiveArcher & Stan :) Hope all is well with Exanimis .
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Jimbodaddy wrote:Thanks for the tip. shooting straight down from the tree stand worked finally .I didn't get a huge Elk but did get the heart shot. thanks again IntinctiveArcher & Stan :) Hope all is well with Exanimis .
Yay! Congrats! Well done.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I tried this one many times, even the shoot straight down from the tree stand and still could not get it.

Last hunt I was in a tree stand and sprayed scent 9m away at an angle the elk was coming from.
He stopped there sideways to me, and I aimed for his front knee, that got the heart. (if that help anyone still trying to do this mission)

That bow shoots way high.

The pork recipe one still seems to require the recurve and is not counting for the heavy recurve.
That's a shame considering one of the contributors that made the missions is InstinctiveArcher, and his bow is the heavy.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Maybe it will count the Heavy Recurve ?
To anyone that has done this mission, I'm guessing the male hog has to be shot first ?

Harvest a male Feral Hog from under a distance of 28 meter (approx. 92 ft.) using any Recurve Bow.
Harvest a female Feral Hog from under a distance of 28 meter (approx. 92 ft.) using any Recurve Bow in the same hunt.

Some missions say you have to do it in order, this one did not. Only that both have to be done in one hunt.

I've tried female hog shot first, with the recurve and heavy, as they were the first one I came across when hunting. Upon harvesting it is not counting, or giving any confirmation that one part of the mission is done.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Trackfield wrote:Maybe it will count the Heavy Recurve ?
To anyone that has done this mission, I'm guessing the male hog has to be shot first ?

Harvest a male Feral Hog from under a distance of 28 meter (approx. 92 ft.) using any Recurve Bow.
Harvest a female Feral Hog from under a distance of 28 meter (approx. 92 ft.) using any Recurve Bow in the same hunt.

Some missions say you have to do it in order, this one did not. Only that both have to be done in one hunt.

I've tried female hog shot first, with the recurve and heavy, as they were the first one I came across when hunting. Upon harvesting it is not counting, or giving any confirmation that one part of the mission is done.
I believe that you have to shoot the male first, then the female in order for it to count. I don't remember what bow I used to complete the missions. Good luck

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

ok, I'll try the male first then.
Thank you.

Went ingame and got a male with the heavy recurved first, then the female.
So yes the heavy works, and you were right, the male needs to be shot first.

Return to “Missions”