Traditional Bow Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Exanimis
Hunter

Re: Traditional Bow Missions

Post by Exanimis »

OK, so I started a new game at val des bois and harvested a European rabbit and the pop up for 1/4 of the Hare Hunter quest showed up. Without the Hare Hunter quest being active I guess I will not get credit for that either. I will finish that quest but then my hunting is done until the next update, if they fix it then.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

After harvesting hare I got the message that i successfully harvested hare (no 1/5 or anything like that). I checked all activated missions I had and not a single one required harvesting hare. I finished that first mission with one of every species, I did not activate summer fiesta missions, and could not find snowshoe hare mission pack. So definitely something weird is happening.
And Trenton, cable backed bows reputation is for the most part fault of players, I agree, and I am thinking about buying it one day. But damage has been done and reputation is here. We should not look at the reasons for it, but just deal with the outcome. So it is the least favourite bow (though it is probably too "young" so maybe I went too far to say something like that) and so making it a requirement so early just killed interest for many people who were really interested.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Could it be a bug mixing up the trad bow missions with the 2016 Summer Fiesta missions and activating the wrong ones? Maybe an internal ID with a wrong assignment? Are you both sure you never activated the SF missions?
Image Image Image
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I am sure I never activated it so it is some kind of bug. I am still trying to finish hare hunter in the hopes that finishing it will clear up the bug an allow my stats to update but the outcome is looking bleak.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I just shot a snowshoe hare and it counted for the sustainability mission as well as the hare hunter mission. I never activated the hare hunter mission however.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

when you log out of the game check to see if the hare registered on your mission list.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

It did

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I just finished them all.
Spoiler:
Personally I liked the start of the missions 1 and 3. However the rest felt pretty ordinary, feels like it started off hard then went easy.
I believe a few missions are in the wrong order of difficulty.

Besides that I liked the nice little background story that went along with each mission, well done. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Wow, congrats! I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I'm still on mission one, but that's mainly due to my inability to find a European Rabbit. :lol:
Was the last mission hard? That one seems like it would be the most difficult to me.

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Wow, congrats! I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I'm still on mission one, but that's mainly due to my inability to find a European Rabbit. :lol:
Was the last mission hard? That one seems like it would be the most difficult to me.
Thanks, they made for good hunts. :)
Well I used the Arctic clothing for the last mission (same with the bear mission) and had no issues at all.
Only thing in the last mission I found difficult (without spoiling it) is just prone crawling for about 3mins. :lol: Would be nice if the last mission required shot placement as well. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “Missions”