Arctic Fox Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Re: Arctic Fox Missions

Post by ApolloCreed »

Lemmanski wrote:An other tactic for the mission "shivers":
I set up my orange tent in an area with artic foxes and then installed my tripod +/- 85m away. I lured the foxes in front of the orange tent. That way they were better visible with the bright background.

I did exactly as Phil1 posted on page 2 of this thread. I put my tent right where he is standing in his photo. This spot worked well for me.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Did anyone complete the 7th mission recently, 2 for 1?
I tried today with 16GA but not even one kill was registered for mission. I switched to 10GA just to see if it will get any better but no luck for me. I didn't even bother to look for the 5th fox since 4 of them, killed with buckshot, didn't count. :?
Stats of my hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/long ... n/77873990
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Longmann wrote:Did anyone complete the 7th mission recently, 2 for 1?
I tried today with 16GA but not even one kill was registered for mission. I switched to 10GA just to see if it will get any better but no luck for me. I didn't even bother to look for the 5th fox since 4 of them, killed with buckshot, didn't count. :?
Just a thought. Neither of the weapons you used were available when that mission set came out. They were all shot with buckshot though, so they should be good. Maybe a note to [email protected]?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Longmann wrote:Did anyone complete the 7th mission recently, 2 for 1?
Just a thought. Neither of the weapons you used were available when that mission set came out. They were all shot with buckshot though, so they should be good. Maybe a note to [email protected]?
That was my first thought too but I said to myself like: seriously? Can't be. But it's probably true. Well, I'll have to do it again anyway. Really hope it will be fixed if that's an issue. If I'm not wrong we had had similar problems with new weapons but one would think they learnt something from that.
Thanks for your reply, stancomputer.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

phil1 wrote:A good position for a tripod for the shivers Mission:
Thank you, used here for the +80m shot, vid in link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXs6vkA ... e=youtu.be
toshijo

Post by toshijo »

i have no luck ay all whit long range foxes ,no scope... this is 3 or 4 th day of my effortsto finish this...i m wondering if my 1st fox at that mission is 80+,did that count as a 80+ or just 40+ ? did i must harvest foxes by order ( 40,60 and 80 ) or i can start from hardest ....coz in those situations ( i use that method in real life) i always done hardest thing first then i enjoy at rest wich is easier.
toshijo

Post by toshijo »

toshijo wrote:i have no luck ay all whit long range foxes ,no scope... this is 3 or 4 th day of my effortsto finish this...i m wondering if my 1st fox at that mission is 80+,did that count as a 80+ or just 40+ ? did i must harvest foxes by order ( 40,60 and 80 ) or i can start from hardest ....coz in those situations ( i use that method in real life) i always done hardest thing first then i enjoy at rest wich is easier.

xaxaxaxaxxaxa i find my answer... i got fox from 102 m with .223 (sipne 3 ,drop on spot)........ and only 40+ was finished.....damn :(((((((
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Although it doesn't say, "Then harvest...", meaning they have to be done in order, the system will evaluate them in order. And since 80m is "...at least 40m" it will check off the first one first.
If you go to the missions page & refresh the page while you're doing the mission, you should see which objectives have been checked off.

Although if you get the first one over 80m, you could leave it and mark it on the map and go for the 40m & 60m, then come back & harvest it last.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
toshijo

Post by toshijo »

Tod1d wrote:Although it doesn't say, "Then harvest...", meaning they have to be done in order, the system will evaluate them in order. And since 80m is "...at least 40m" it will check off the first one first.
If you go to the missions page & refresh the page while you're doing the mission, you should see which objectives have been checked off.

Although if you get the first one over 80m, you could leave it and mark it on the map and go for the 40m & 60m, then come back & harvest it last.

no word "then" in this mission :))) but is logical that 40+ m is counted when hit was 102m..xaxaxa....any way i forgot that i could mark that and search for other two.. :(((
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

I am now struggling with the "Shivers" mission. I have no trouble shooting fox out to 150+ meters with iron sights (I tried in a number of foxes while I was hunting sheep). However, getting them at the correct distance while standing in a tripod has been impossible. I might need a second person to call them to a location 80m from me. I tried using the little spinning lure but it's so far that they still end up coming to my caller.

Return to “Missions”