"Patrol The Island" (RESETS ??)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
MeistaRulez
Scout

"Patrol The Island" (RESETS ??)

Post by MeistaRulez »

I just spent a gazillion hours (travelled about 25km !) trying to finish as much as possible of the final Whitehart travel mission "Patrol The Island".
I managed to get the first 20 objectives (!), but ran out of time to get #21, a coyote.

I thought, well, I'll start a new session at my tent, get the coyote and everything is fine...because you know,
the mission clearly states "at any point while in Whitehart Island", not "at any point during the same hunt".

So, you can understand how shocked I was to find out that the mission RESETS...completely.

Thank you ! :evil:
muldo
Outfitter

Re: "Patrol The Island" (RESETS ??)

Post by muldo »

You have my sympathy mate, I've spent 5 hours trying to get the under 270 elks for mission 6, with no luck . Seems like it gets tougher.
MeistaRulez
Scout

Post by MeistaRulez »

muldo wrote:You have my sympathy mate, I've spent 5 hours trying to get the under 270 elks for mission 6, with no luck . Seems like it gets tougher.
That's an objective of the last mission, as well :lol:

BUT, mission #10 is either bugged or the objective descriptions are misleading.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Just returned to retry mission 6 and the boxes from the previous hunt were still checked. Bagged a 267 and 264 Elk, so mission complete. It does state "at any point" in this mission, so I wonder why it didn't work in mission 10?
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

I just got this mission unlocked and would like to know for certain if this mission can be done gradually over several hunts or they expect us to complete the whole thing in just one?
Personally I think this is excessive for 3000 GM which amounts to basically 3- 10 Shot bottles of cover scent, it will probably take 5 or more bottles to complete. All the earned GM from this mission block has gone right back into it, and then some.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

SloNeZ wrote:I just got this mission unlocked and would like to know for certain if this mission can be done gradually over several hunts or they expect us to complete the whole thing in just one?
Yes, all in one hunt.

I suggest the following:
- put a tent between towers 17 and 19
- start at the bottom and go at least til tower 14
- fast travel to the tent and continue with tower 19
- when you arrive at the stones (after tower 6) fast travel again and to to tower 17
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

Thank you Hoo for the suggestions, but I think I'll pass on this one.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

SloNeZ wrote:Thank you Hoo for the suggestions, but I think I'll pass on this one.
Ah come on. When you watch TV or work on your computer, let the character run in the background. Yes it will take some time but don't pass up those gm$. ;)

I do all kinds of things on the side while I have games up. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

For the record; the last Whitehart Island Travel mission "Patrol the Island" can be completed in more than one hunt.
I did in 5 hunts at my leisure. It took 5 since the server rudely interrupted me this morning. :?
Any mission progress was still saved, although Doc just couldn't resist harassing me with his Doc-Talk message about the unharvested coyote I was about to claim when the server went bye bye. Lighten up Doc. ;)
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

this mission can be done in more hunts. ONly that "visiting" part must be done in single hunt, but the animals can be shot anytime later (or sooner).

Return to “Missions”