Black Bear Final mission " Illegally Blonde "

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
uncle_bob_

Re: Black Bear Final mission " Illegally Blonde "

Post by uncle_bob_ »

So I realized that in the check point it will never be)
You can see the blonde about 300 meters to the north if you place the tent to the south.
Passed such an option
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I did this mission a week ago without any problems. I placed my tent about 150 mtr north of the coordinates x: -12614, y: -6282, then walked slowly from my tent to the coordinates, first time there were 4 bears, i shot them all but the blonde wasn't among them. Second and the third time the same, both times there were 2 bears but not the blonde but the fourth time one of the two bears was the blonde, just a normaly female black bear with a brown fur and this one counted as the illegally blonde...
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

If after spawning it takes you an hour to get to the location mentioned in the mission description, then there is a chance that the target bear will have roamed out of the area. The key with missions that require you to find a specific animal, in a specific place, is getting there quickly to avoid letting the animal wander off too far. People normally achieve this by placing a tent in the vicinity.
DutchHunter74 wrote:I did this mission a week ago without any problems.
Thanks for confirming. That proves that the mission is not broken, which is the same conclusion I reached when I looked at the code last night.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Yes... i have same "problem " if i start game with out tent near coordinates - Bear was not there. Bear after some time go trough whole reserve and is near impossible to find it. So tent 150m+ away from coordinates is highly recommended.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Thanks caledonianblues for looking into this. I have just hunted there a few times. Got several bears. A couple I tracked starting from the coordinates. Seems normal bears spawn from those coordinates, but no blondes. My tent is over 150m from the coordinates, to the west, up on the hill. Now I will try moving my tent about 200m north, as one hunter says HE did, and see if I get success.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Finally completed the last mission! BUT, the bear was a female BROWN phase, not blonde or golden. What a kick in the face! How many "brown" black bears did I give up on because the mission calls for a BLONDE bear? Several. The mission instructions really ought to be changed to reflect the fact that one needs to hunt down all the bears one sees, and then surprise, one of them will turn out to be the brown or black blonde for which one's looking. One last comment... I did 25 hunts, at least, before finishing what I would call the "ILLEGALLY TIME-WASTING, BROWN OR BLACK BLONDE" mission. And one more thing... I don't think it makes a single bit of difference where one puts one's tent. That illegally, well-hidden bear can be anywhere in the northwest part of the reserve, but it will not near the spawn point.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

CAmulieman wrote:Finally completed the last mission! BUT, the bear was a female BROWN phase, not blonde or golden. What a kick in the face! How many "brown" black bears did I give up on because the mission calls for a BLONDE bear? Several. The mission instructions really ought to be changed to reflect the fact that one needs to hunt down all the bears one sees, and then surprise, one of them will turn out to be the brown or black blonde for which one's looking. One last comment... I did 25 hunts, at least, before finishing what I would call the "ILLEGALLY TIME-WASTING, BROWN OR BLACK BLONDE" mission. And one more thing... I don't think it makes a single bit of difference where one puts one's tent. That illegally, well-hidden bear can be anywhere in the northwest part of the reserve, but it will not near the spawn point.
It was a blonde bear that you harvested.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/camu ... /558353725

The mission can only be completd by harvesting a specific bear, and that one bear is included in the spawn. Whether the blonde bears look blonde is separate debate, but it was a blonde bear.

As for tent placement, what you need to remember is that if you happened to place your tent exactly where the bear is supposed to spawn, and you start the hunt at that tent, you will cause the spawned animals in that area to scatter. The bear always spawns at the exact same spot in the reserve. Where it roams during the simulated roaming period that takes place during start-up, is random.

Return to “Missions”