We should tell our stories!

MadCharlie

We should tell our stories!

Post by MadCharlie »

Hi Folks,

the first thing i have to mention ist that english is not my certain language. (so please forgive me my recurring spelling faults)

My idea is about a little community gimmick besides the main thing of following tracks and shootin'.
thehunter is a very nice game where almost every serious player has at least one nice story to tell. Isn't it?
So why should we not write them down for the other hunters; to get them amused - or just to tell what happened to us?
What i mean is sth. like an E-Newspaper from the "Evergreen Hunting Reserve" (maybe: EHNewspaper) / (EHToday)
If some hunting session goes unexpected/funny/awful and so on and you think its worth to tell the other hunters like me, write it down - in newspaper style, like:

"Whiteheart Island (doc) - Trees look like cheese
A heavy drunken Whitetail hunter saw big antlers and shot 6 times, the falling tree brought him to sleep...
(story follows)
*jokin'*

Idea main description:
If someone has a nice hunting story to tell, he/she should write it down in news-style and send it in. (extra forum / email so that noone knows before release)
Depending on the rate of incoming and after Doc(yeah, the one and only) sorted out the rubbish (written poopoo or suggested made-up stories) the slaves of Doc will
choose the top 5 for the next edition. (it belongs to them when it goes online)
If this will work maybe there could also be a little encouragement(right word?) to keep things running, like a little trophy for best journalism shaped like a newspaper :D

the advantages for the godfather team itself:
- not too much work (just select the 5 best sent in stories every 6/3/1 month-cycle and maybe.. correct some words :D)
- more frequented thehunter.com news section due to posting editions of it there
- ppl that are undecided of getting full membership may be attracted
-
the advantages for us hunters:
- from time to time nice stories to read and laugh about
- maybe we get some creative writing skills ;)
- if there will be much content over time, it could be made readable in that hunter m8 app :D *wink*
- a chance to get a trophy for those who R bad at aiming but good at writing :)

Let me know what u think. Thx for reading.
MadCharlie
Flinter
Scout

Re: We should tell our stories!

Post by Flinter »

I actually like this idea. One of my favorite things to do irl when I'm not hunting is to listen to the stories of other hunters, be it of success or failure. If you are sitting in a tree stand just waiting for animals to show up, or maybe if you are just bored or discouraged from not finding animals, it would be kinda cool to read the stories others have submitted via the Huntermate or something like that, maybe a little larger portion of the screen so it can actually be easily read. It would be a reasonable way that still is realistic to break the occasional monotony or just to see others success to inspire you to keep after it.

If not in game this could even by community managed, I think this is worth some thought!

Return to “Website suggestions”