BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Get GM$ For Kills

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

AMlgTeddyBear wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
AMlgTeddyBear wrote:
They work for the condo association...
Then tell your parents you will clean the house, or do the dishes, or anything else they can come up with to earn some money so you can get items in the game.
They can't afford to pay me.
You live in the suburbs, but your parents can't afford to give you an allowance? Ok, you know what, I am not gonna touch on that because it is none of my business. But I'll be honest with you, you're coming up with a lot of excuses as to why you cannot get off your butt and actually work for $. News flash, get used to it, you will be working for the rest of your life if you want to live. At least until you are 65 years old, and being 15 right now, that means you will be working for the next 50 years. Life will not coddle you and let you have things for free. It's kinda comin off as if you are just being lazy. As said, I will not get into it because your life is not my business at all, but get some motivation and look around for something to make money for now. You're actually kind of lucky. You are are getting a first hand experience on how life actually works: Life is not free, and never will be. You want something, you WORK. You don't work, you don't have squat. C'mon man, get on it!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hello AMlgTeddyBear,

welcome to the game and forums. As you have probably realized by now, you have hit a very emotional topic. ;)
The problem is that there have been a lot of threads recently in which new people asked for more free stuff. To be honest, it's going on our (= the older players who have paid a lot to support this great game) nerves more than just a bit.
I wish people would be nicer to new and young players who ask for free stuff, but given the recent history of "Give me moar for free" threads, this is not going to happen. So just take this advice: don't try to argue too much for your suggestion, it does not fit the business model and most people in here will not like it. If you cannot afford a membership or additional equipment right now, try to enjoy this game as a guest. Maybe enter one of caledonianblues' raffles and try to be lucky or wait until someone gets you a membership or some em$ as a birthday present. Or find a job, as the others suggested.

Whatever you do, it would be great if you would still be a part of this community, despite the fact that the first "welcome" wasn't too affectionate. Don't take it personal.

Best,
Tanngnjostr
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Hello AMlgTeddyBear,

welcome to the game and forums. As you have probably realized by now, you have hit a very emotional topic. ;)
The problem is that there have been a lot of threads recently in which new people asked for more free stuff. To be honest, it's going on our (= the older players who have paid a lot to support this great game) nerves more than just a bit.
I wish people would be nicer to new and young players who ask for free stuff, but given the recent history of "Give me moar for free" threads, this is not going to happen. So just take this advice: don't try to argue too much for your suggestion, it does not fit the business model and most people in here will not like it. If you cannot afford a membership or additional equipment right now, try to enjoy this game as a guest. Maybe enter one of caledonianblues' raffles and try to be lucky or wait until someone gets you a membership or some em$ as a birthday present. Or find a job, as the others suggested.

Whatever you do, it would be great if you would still be a part of this community, despite the fact that the first "welcome" wasn't too affectionate. Don't take it personal.

Best,
Tanngnjostr
Even tho I have been vocal, I will also echo what Tann is saying. Enjoy the game as you will, post here on the forums and generally just have fun. The intention here was not to turn you away, but to educate you and possibly motivate you to get it done. You're a young kid, with a lot ahead of himself and a lot to learn. You won't get anywhere sitting in front of a computer screen all day playing games and wishing for everything free, get me? ;-) At least I can say this, it was good that you at least asked. Most of these threads that pop up literally demand things to be free or they do not understand why such and such is not free, which of course never goes well. C'mon man, it does not hurt to at least ask your parents if there is anything you can do around the house for a measily $20. Sure, you may not like the work they may come up with (such as clean and organize the garage, wash the car, etc), but there are not many people that actually like their jobs lol, but that's how it goes. It doesn't hurt to try tho.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

When I was 15 I was already making a load of money online and offline. That was in 1995 so online was not quite so easy. There was no PayPal back then, so when people paid you for something it was usually a postal order or some other ridiculous bit of paper that you had to take to the bank to cash. It worked though, and today there are far more opportunities for young people to make money online. I was very much into computers and my parents weren't in a position to buy new components and hardware every time I wanted something new. So I had to figure out a way to raise the money myself. Offline I used to buy stuff, mark it up and sell it on at school, sometimes for as much as 30-50% profit. Just be entrepreneurial and before long you will start to make money. When you do make some money re-invest at least 65% of it so you can continue to make money. The rest you can spend on whatever it is you want.

I bet there things you have which you no longer want or use that you could sell to raise enough money for a membership. If you have computing skills you could make some money from that. Charge friends or family members to build, repair or maintain computers. Teach someone how to use their computer. Find the popular good looking kids at school who are not quite so bright and make a deal with them for doing their homework. If you are one of the popular good looking kids at school, charge the not-so-good looking kids how to pick up girls! Be creative. Start an evenings and weekends dog-walking business. There are always people with dogs and busy lifestyles.

Like BucksNBuffalo said, you have to make your own way in this world. Start thinking outside the box and maybe you won't have to be one of those people who -has- to work until 65.
AMlgTeddyBear

Post by AMlgTeddyBear »

caledonianblues wrote: or some other ridiculous bit of paper that you had to take to the bank to cash
I think you mean a check. I know what a check is...
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

AMlgTeddyBear wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: or some other ridiculous bit of paper that you had to take to the bank to cash
If I meant a cheque I would have said cheque. I also know what a cheque is. I've written enough of them. A postal order is cleared funds and when you bank it, it clears instantly. I'm not sure what the equivalent is called in the States, or even if there is such a thing any more. A money order maybe? Anyway if that's the part you focused on then I guess my post was in vain.
AMlgTeddyBear

Post by AMlgTeddyBear »

caledonianblues wrote:
AMlgTeddyBear wrote:
If I meant a cheque I would have said cheque. I also know what a cheque is. I've written enough of them. A postal order is cleared funds and when you bank it, it clears instantly. I'm not sure what the equivalent is called in the States, or even if there is such a thing any more. A money order maybe? Anyway if that's the part you focused on then I guess my post was in vain.
Don't worry it's not the only part I focused on.
SirThawkz

Post by SirThawkz »

To be fair, the free items (rifle and shotgun) plus the fact they now do 2 animals on a weekly rotation means you get to experience a large part of what everyone else experiences. Why not carry on with that, increasing your skills over the next month or two and then upgrade.

I upgraded to a 3 month subscription and it cost me £11 ($15)...it's even cheaper if you don't want the starter pack. I'm almost certain someone with a computer and internet access isn't so poor that couldn't somehow come up with $10-15 in a month.

Return to “Website suggestions”