Players footsteps sound audible at long range [3724]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
K4n4y
Hunter

Players footsteps sound audible at long range [3724]

Post by K4n4y »

Hello,

I started a topic in the general discussions section of the forums to ask about this here : http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=63420
Topic was made before the Australian reserve patch and the sound update it got, and still is the same now.

Game Mode:
MP

Problem Description:
In Multiplayer we can clearly hear the footsteps of other players as long as they are in the rendering distances for the avatars, we hear them at very long range, walking couch producing the loudest sound.

Illustration video :
In the video the sound track is amplified by +10dB just to be sure it's clear and noticeable in the youtube platform but it is the same in game at normal sound levels, the sound is always there and audible as long as the players are in the rendering distances, and it's very disturbing to have it.

The player moving in this area of the map produce a sound like grass moving under his feet, same one we get when moving ourselves in this part of the map, this sound is audible at long range as we can see on the video when the player moves, when he stops the sound stops.

Was tested and reproduced a few times before the Australian reserve patch and still is the same now, footage in video is from 1 day before the patch but it is still exactly the same.

I believe this happens with all maps but it's more hard to notice than on this ibex areas as there is more sounds coming from the environment itself and covering the footsteps, here in those ibex areas it's very calm and easy to notice.

This is very disturbing when we play, the first times i was expecting some ibexes around me until i discovered it was my mate.

Steps to reproduce :
- Go to one of those quiet alpine ibex ares in MP mode
- Listen to the other player footsteps as long as he is on the rendering area, the walking crouch makes more noise than standing walk or running and is more easy to notice.
- When he will leave the rendering area, when his avatar will not display anymore, the footsteps sound will stop.

Additional Information :
Using a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Soundcard + a Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME headset.

Expected :
The sound of footsteps should not be audible at so long range, it should be audible only at very short range.

Return to “Multiplayer”