action of shooting not logged in chat [2959]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
jpm1
Outfitter

action of shooting not logged in chat [2959]

Post by jpm1 »

Bug Report
Game Mode: <<MP>>

Description:
<<action of shooting at an animal (that has been hit) does not appear in chat log>>

Steps to Reproduce:
<<Sshoot at a boar at Hirschfelden that is located at 8802;-347 from a bit far (aiming in the air) from 3/4 rear angle with Snakebite>>

Additional Information:
boar has been hit here's the proof (HM in background)

My Computer
Platform: <<i5 760 , GTX 650 2 Gi , 6 gigas ram>>
OS & Version: <<Windows 64bit Win7 SP1>>
MudBug
Outfitter

Re: action of shooting not logged in chat [2959]

Post by MudBug »

Not a bug. When someone shoots a bow/crossbow past the pre-defined range listed in the game engine, the shot will not show up in chat. (I guess that's the best way to describe it)

For example, I routinely shoot animals with the crossbow over 50 meters. The crossbow only has aiming points for 10 meters through 40 meters. Whenever I shoot farther than approximately 50-60 meters it never shows up in chat. I just shot a whitetail buck with the crossbow and scored a first shot hit at about 170 meters. Unfortunately, I have been having game crashes with exit code 255 several times this weekend. So it won't show up in my stats.

Prior to this, I have killed a fox at 167 meters with the crossbow (it hit it on the 4th shot) on Val de Bois. It did not register as me taking a shot in the chat, it only showed in chat when I harvested the animal.

Again this is normal for crossbows/bows at ranges over the pre-defined game engine rules. That's the reason you are not seeing the "Player Name shot a whitetail doe with a crossbow" message. Now if someone is using a firearm, making a hit or near miss on an animal, and it is not registering in chat, I believe that would be a bug.

Return to “Multiplayer”