night vision goggles
forum.thehunter.com/nightvisionthread1
forum.thehunter.com/nightvisionthread2

hunting dogs
forum.thehunter.com/huntingdogsthread1
forum.thehunter.com/huntingdogsthread2
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=51029
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=51153

If anyone would like to update these, and create similar topics for the other Thoughts & Suggestions forums, and keep them up to date on a regular basis...
They are more than welcome. I will make them the topic owner so they can edit them. :D

Any volunteers?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Re: Posting in this thread allowed upon approval

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Tod1d wrote: Any volunteers?
And the crowd went....quiet... :lol:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

this forum is becoming so anti social, turned into a sad little members club were only people who have been playing years and know everything and everyone are welcome. turn up hear with less than 100 posts and 100 hunterscore and you will be shunned and your thread bombarded with unhelpful or rude comments like "the search engine is your friend".

well the search engine picks up posts and information that not relevant more often than not. for instance if some one wanted to know the effective range of the PP bow trawling the search engine would bring up all kinds of wrong info now after the massive patch.

with every new patch and new piece of content the search engine becomes more and more irrelevant.

if you see a new member asking a frequently asked question, firstly think why its frequently asked. then if you cant be helpful move on, dont take the ****. nothing worse than asking for help, only to get a bunch of mugs thinking there pro belittling you. in the time it takes to write your smart arse little remark you could have given a clear answer to the question.

if your all so outraged by repetitive topics, pick up tod1d's offer and do something about it otherwise pipe down.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

You missed the whole point of my suggestion. I NEVER SAID THAT HELP REQUESTS TO APPROVED! And if you are so interested in my posts, you already know that i answered nicely to any question regarding how, what of when, with quasi-complete info (as much as i knew about that subject).

Tod1d, i am pretty busy these days, Romanian translation goes live and i have to check it carefully. As soon as it's done, i take the "job" here.
Spoiler:

kring
Tracker

Post by kring »

L3M182 wrote:... and your thread bombarded with unhelpful or rude comments like "the search engine is your friend".

well the search engine picks up posts and information that not relevant more often than not...
The search function is implemented for a reason. If people actually took some time to optimize the search (I do) you can easily get less than 20 posts, total, which contains the relevant information that's being searched for. Being lazy is not an excuse.

Also, people creating new threads for the same topic over and over again makes it even harder for people who wants to do right by themselves and search for the required information.

Merging of new threads with already pre-existing threads with the same topic should be more implemented. You gather all the information in one topic and it will be much easier to find for everyone. I'm pretty sure I've suggested this before.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Kring, playing devil's advocate, the search function is not very robust, AND you have to know the right terms to search.

However, it's rather obvious when someone doesn't even try (using the same terminology as in their topic), or even looking at the first page of topics in that forum.

We do merge topics when it makes sense. But that suggestion pushes the responsibility of searching (or just remembering) on the mods, rather than the members.
BTW, you can always use the "Report" button to suggest a merge. :)

Regardless, NO ONE should discourage anyone from making a suggestion by belittling them for their idea, or for the fact that it's been suggested already.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

my point exactly tod1d. thank you
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

idea is not a bad one , but there's also a thread evolution/lifetime that has to be taken into account . a same subject won't be the same 2 years ago and now . game may evolve , engine may evolve , hardware may evolve .. but what mods can do maybe it's when they see 2 similar contents they merge the stuff
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

If it wasn't for the redundant posts, the forum would be pretty dead.
Since the forum is only a place for players to talk among themselves, does it really matter if new players asks, or suggest the same things again?
Do we really need someone to make sure the topic hasn't been already brought up? And who decides if what is posted fits into the same category as a previous post?
Look at the bug section, depending on who looks at the post it may get denied because they think it is the same as something else, when it really isn't.
Search function is mediocre at best because of the different countries people are from that post on the board.
No need for more dictatorship on the forum.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Seriously when new players asks, or suggest the same things again again it should point out EW needs to fix these things that have been ignored over and over.
Leave as is it is good reminder to EW that these things need fixing.

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”