german language mixup ingame

Feedback on English localization.
killertut
Master Hunter

german language mixup ingame

Post by killertut »

hello.

yesterday i was hosting a multiplayer game. i´m plaing the game in english although i´m german. when a german player with the game running on german language joined my game and shot with the .30-06 lever action rifle the chat in my game said "person xyz shot at a wildboar using the unterhebelrepetiergewehr". the same thing happens when he used other weapons, the german name of the weapon was popping up in chat. i don´t know if this problem/bug also happens with other languages.

how to recreate: host a multiplayer session with an english game and let a person running the game in german join. let him shot an animal and you should see the bug.

my rig: shouldn´t be relevant with this bug, but i can add this if somebody wants me to do it.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
BlakBat

Re: german language mixup ingame

Post by BlakBat »

This is true for all multiplayer games. My game is set to english, but the rifle used will always show up with the localization of the player who fired.

I just find this bug particularly annoying, even though I have no problems with users chatting in a language I don't understand.

Return to “English”