Feral hog feeders attract animals during penalty mode in Piccabean Bay

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Feral hog feeders attract animals during penalty mode in Piccabean Bay

Post by Villkatta »

Game mode: SP

Description: After shooting a hog at an active feeder in Piccabean bay, the feeder goes into penalty mode, but still produces the same high number of pigs as if it was active.
Proof: I shot a hog at the feeder during this hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... n/79536890
Immediately after, I started a new hunt in the same area, and there was heaps of hogs at the feeder: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... n/79537572
I also suspect that the feeder attracts hogs during the inactive period right after it's filled, but can't prove it.

Steps to reproduce: Start a game in SP in Piccabean bay(don't know if this affects other reserves). Place hog feeder and fill it(see harvest map of the hog I shot for the location of my feeder - I have a tent by the train tunnel in the south, it give fast access to the feeder). (Check the feeder during the inactive period too just in case) Start a hunt and shoot & harvest a hog from the feeder. End game and start a new one. Go back to feeder and check activity during the penalty time.

(Btw: I'm quite sure some will object to this report, but this is too easy to exploit during comps to be left as it is.)

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Feral hog feeders attract animals during penalty mode in Piccabean Bay

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I've had more than one situation where I was certain that an empty bear barrel attracted bears - unless it was a coincidence that 5 or 6 bears were around the area. While it doesn't seem to happen all the time, it seems to me that sometimes even empty or inactive barrels and feeders do attract animals.
Image Image Image
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Edit: Added quote
Villkatta wrote:Game mode: SP

Description: After shooting a hog at an active feeder in Piccabean bay, the feeder goes into penalty mode, but still produces the same high number of pigs as if it was active.
Proof: I shot a hog at the feeder during this hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... n/79536890
Immediately after, I started a new hunt in the same area, and there was heaps of hogs at the feeder: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... n/79537572
I also suspect that the feeder attracts hogs during the inactive period right after it's filled, but can't prove it.

Steps to reproduce: Start a game in SP in Piccabean bay(don't know if this affects other reserves). Place hog feeder and fill it(see harvest map of the hog I shot for the location of my feeder - I have a tent by the train tunnel in the south, it give fast access to the feeder). (Check the feeder during the inactive period too just in case) Start a hunt and shoot & harvest a hog from the feeder. End game and start a new one. Go back to feeder and check activity during the penalty time.

(Btw: I'm quite sure some will object to this report, but this is too easy to exploit during comps to be left as it is.)
Even though it has a penalty, it will still work. The penalty is the radius it will attract animal from. Over the 30 min penalty time will continuously "grow" back to its full capacity. But if it's the same number of hogs all the time, of course, it will be considered a bug. I'll have a look! Thanks for telling me :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

MartinSundberg wrote:Even though it has a penalty, it will still work. The penalty is the radius it will attract animal from. Over the 30 min penalty time will continuously "grow" back to its full capacity. But if it's the same number of hogs all the time, of course, it will be considered a bug. I'll have a look! Thanks for telling me :)
Martin, I'm not talking about the penalty, I'm talking about completely empty barrels or barrels that are still in the 4-hour buildup period after filling them. Of course, it could be a coincidence, but I've had several cases where noticeably many bears (and/or bear tracks) were around the barrel even though it was empty.
Image Image Image
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

MartinSundberg wrote:Edit: Added quote
Even though it has a penalty, it will still work. The penalty is the radius it will attract animal from. Over the 30 min penalty time will continuously "grow" back to its full capacity. But if it's the same number of hogs all the time, of course, it will be considered a bug. I'll have a look! Thanks for telling me :)
Yeah, but 20+ hogs at the feeder at the start of the game during penalty mode? Look at the time I shot the big hog, and then when I started the new hunt - the hogs where all spotted during the first 10min of the game, all standing around the feeder. I seriously doubt that's how it was intended to work.

MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Villkatta wrote:
MartinSundberg wrote:Edit: Added quote
Yeah, but 20+ hogs at the feeder at the start of the game during penalty mode? Look at the time I shot the big hog, and then when I started the new hunt - the hogs where all spotted during the first 10min of the game, all standing around the feeder. I seriously doubt that's how it was intended to work.
Yea, this shouldn't be the case. Way too many.
Tanngnjostr wrote: Martin, I'm not talking about the penalty, I'm talking about completely empty barrels or barrels that are still in the 4-hour buildup period after filling them. Of course, it could be a coincidence, but I've had several cases where noticeably many bears (and/or bear tracks) were around the barrel even though it was empty.
I was talking to Villkatta, I edited the post so it's more understandable. But it sounds like something has broken with the barrels. I'll have a look at both issues :)

Return to “Equipment / Gear”