A Terrible .303 bug

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

A Terrible .303 bug

Post by Bong_Boy »

Bug Report
Game Mode: <<Both>>
Hunter Name: Bong_Boy

Description:
The .303 british glitches out like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrfXNQYYps0 after aiming down sights, shooting a bullet then switching back to the .303 it can also lead to me being unable to aim down sights and fire the weapon but i am able to hear the audio of clicking the saftey this can not be fixed till i leave the game and join back. This is not as common as the other issue and has only happened about 30 times while the other issue happens every game.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.equip the .303 in a rifle slot
2. equip a box of .303 ammo
3. load the gun
4. shoot the gun
5. switch to another weapon or walk around with the hunter mate for a minute or two
6. switch back to the .303
7. aim down sights

Additional Information:

only custom key binds are whistle is set to , key instead of F key

video 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrfXNQYYps0

video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3MdTSkfi8

it can also lead to where you're not able to aim down sights at all but happens less often then the other glitch and is reproduced in the same way

will provide video of not being able to aim down sights when it uploaded to youtube.

(optional step to make you more frustrated " not really a step")
8. get charged by a bear and stand there while your weapon glitches out

My Computer
Platform: custom built, Graphics card (Radeon Rx 470) Cpu ( AMD Fx(tm)-6300six core processor) all drivers up to date
OS & Version: Windows 10
gas56
Outfitter

Re: A Terrible .303 bug

Post by gas56 »

A post in General chat about 303 shake "DHRifleman" suggests possible collision problem with clothing.
DHRifleman wrote:Removing the weapon and re adding it to his inventory will do nothing since all of the files for all of the weapons are in every ones game on their PC as soon as they are released.
It is clearly a collision issue when prone as the second video showed it was able to be aimed a few times. I would think it might be an item being worn with it, and if that is figured out, EW should be made aware so they actually have something to fix.
I think you're onto something.... @ least collision wise..... it seems that when you're on the edge of an object that a collision shake motion can be detected with almost any other object in the game.
This is the opposite side of the spectrum but I see how it could effect the 303 rifle model object in reverse stage.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: A Terrible .303 bug

Post by JimboCrow »

Bong Boy, I was just wondering, what items do you carry in your inventory? There was an issue before with flags in inventory causing problems with scoped weapons. Just a thought.

Last night I was hunting with my .303 British and I tried everything I could to make it go wacko like yours does. It was fine, it worked as it normally does. Tonight I will try with flags in my inventory. Anything else possible? What else do you carry with you when you have the .303 equipped, and what do you wear? You said it happens on both your desktop and laptop, so that pretty much eliminates hardware.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”