Stereo Audio with USB headset too extreme

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Knut
Outfitter

Stereo Audio with USB headset too extreme

Post by Knut »

Game Mode:SP/MP

Description:
The stereo audio is way too extreme with my Logitech G930 headset.
When pinpointing an audio source, it will be always either left or right ear, never a gradual transition and no centre.
Additionally, sound intensity falloff is too strong. When turning, the sound will quickly reduce in intensity and at around 120° (2/3 to the rear) it will become inaudible, resulting in a lot of sounds including animal calls not being audible when in the sector behind me.
Furthermore, as a lot of callers have a 180° inverted sound orientation (this bug must be around forever...), they aren't audible when being used facing forwards.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) buy a Logitech G930 headset and install
2) be annoyed that the leather on it is so bad quality
3) enjoy great sound, with the exception of theHunter

Additional Information:
This does not happen, when I use standard headphones plugged into my onboard audio jack

My Computer
Platform:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Processor: i7-6700K
32GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVidia GTX 1070 (with 2nd Monitor running on a GTX 660Ti, but not used for the game)

OS & Version:Windows 10 64bit
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Equipment / Gear”