Tent spawn issue on Timbergold trails

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Beano8U
Scout

Tent spawn issue on Timbergold trails

Post by Beano8U »

I have an issue with starting a game at my tent on Timbergold trails (refer screenshot)

If I start a game and choose to spawn at the tent circled on the left, I end up spawning near the lodge marked on the far right. You can see I fast traveled to the lodge on the left as I plan to move the tent.
I saw a similar post about tent/spawn issues, but the image of the tent location is no longer available and I can only assume the the tent was out of bounds in that case.
Mine is clearly within the border.
I first noticed the issue during the Halloween missions and thought it was a temporary bug as the map had a major change to it, but doing the Panther comp tonight I found it's not the case.
If I remember correctly, (from the Halloween missions) I can start at a lodge and fast travel to the tent without an issue (at the cost of camping supplies of course)
It is not an error on my behalf that I accidentally had the lodge on the right selected, or a default lodge spawn as I spawn outside the lodge boundary. (Can't change my inventory loadout from my spawn location)
I have a great internet connection and my pc is more than capable. I can replicate the same issue every time.
When I first placed my tent in that location, I was able to spawn there. (Fairly sure, it was when Timbergold trails was first released and I don't often hunt in that area since a few weeks after I tried hunting Bighorn Sheep)

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Not sure if I will move the tent tonight as I am in a competition and not keen to spook any animals in the area.

Beano8U
Scout

Re: Tent spawn issue on Timbergold trails

Post by Beano8U »

I moved the problem tent a few metres from the location it used to be in. Not having an issue now :)
It was located above the first tunnel originally, it is now off to one side slightly. Perhaps it was a glitch due to the fast travel feature of the tunnel? Or maybe just picking it up and re-placing solved it?
Either way, it now works correctly, and I still have my spawn point.

MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Could be either way(solving by moving or to close to the tunnel), I tested this but waited to answer since I didn't run into any issues. I wanted to see if more people would have the same issue as you had. Happy it works again! If you encounter it again, please write here again :).
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

I had the same problem few months ago, i had to put my tents far away from the border.
It's not necessarily the tent where you spawn, the northern tent in your picture is closest to the border, it's perhaps this one.
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

i am having issues with my northern most tent. i moved it and i still can't spawn there. i can fast travel to it and it lets me but i can not spawn a game with it as the original spawn tent.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Same here my northernmost (close to the border) tent does not allow me to spawn there. Note that it does not even show in the list of spawnable tents when you choose your spawnpoint. I too can fast-travel to it.
Code: Select all

Return to “Equipment / Gear”