Electronic Caller bug?

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
magnum_1973

Electronic Caller bug?

Post by magnum_1973 »

Hi, magnum here,

I was hunting the new bobcat species with my buddy today and went to put down a caller near a tower. When we finished hunting in that spot, I decided to pick up the caller but I neglected to turn it off. I couldn't hear anything but my buddy complained to me that he could still hear the caller even though it was not placed, it was in my inventory. To fix this, I put the caller on the ground and switched it on and then off and picked it up again. He then told me that he could no longer hear the call.

So if I don't turn off the caller before picking it up, others will still be able to hear it even when it's in my inventory. The only way to fix it is to pick it up and switch it on and then off for the noise to go away.

This isn't really anything serious, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Has anybody encountered this so far?

Here's a nice 8.915 "grey" variation I got today in Loggers.

New to the forums, been on the game since 2013
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSpxm ... sb6nQe56RQ
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Electronic Caller bug?

Post by MartinSundberg »

So if I don't turn off the caller before picking it up, others will still be able to hear it even when it's in my inventory. The only way to fix it is to pick it up and switch it on and then off for the noise to go away.
Hey, I've been able to replicate this and have assigned a programmer to look at this :). Thanks for reporting!
magnum_1973

Post by magnum_1973 »

MartinSundberg wrote:
Hey, I've been able to replicate this and have assigned a programmer to look at this :). Thanks for reporting!
No problem at all. Happy to help.
New to the forums, been on the game since 2013
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSpxm ... sb6nQe56RQ
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Could not pick up Ecaller .

DYEUZ
Single player mode.
WHI reserve.
Time of day / bug : See HuntertMate in video.
Coordinates : X -15173 / Y 7430

After harvesting 2 Bobcats, i simply wanted to pick up Ecaller and go somewhere else . I couldn't pick it up . Tried turning it ''on'' / '' off '' couple times but still couldn't .
Turned out i had 19.1 in my back pack , which is weird , because this was a new hunt with 20/20 in back pack , before i started to walk .
So my point is : Shouldn't we get a message that we do not have enough space in our backpack ? Like all other equipment ?

Again, turn audio ''off '' ( need to find what does this screeching sound )

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Equipment / Gear”