Snakebite does not raise for followup shots properly

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Snakebite does not raise for followup shots properly

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Bug Report
Game Mode: <<Both>>
Hunter Name: <<If different from forum name>>

Description:
<<When bow is selected and arrow is automatically notched...after firing, another arrow is notched, however, the raise weapon function is disabled. I must either put the bow away and bring it back out, OR for some strange reason, if I depress the map button, the bow will raise and automatically pull back the bowstring for me which I must then hold before let off...no other bow behaves this way and I have already tried assigning a different key but still the same result...the bow will not raise for successive shots>>

Steps to Reproduce:
<<You may not be able to reproduce this don't know..but the steps are described above>>

Additional Information:
<<pictures, video, stats, data, # players, ping>>

AMD 8350 8-core running at 4 GHz ASUS TUF motherboard nVidia GTX 760 vid 16GB SDRAM SSD drives
Platform: <<custom built>>
OS & Version: <<Windows 10 updated>>
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Snakebite does not raise for followup shots properly

Post by MartinSundberg »

Description:
<<When bow is selected and arrow is automatically notched...after firing, another arrow is notched, however, the raise weapon function is disabled. I must either put the bow away and bring it back out, OR for some strange reason, if I depress the map button, the bow will raise and automatically pull back the bowstring for me which I must then hold before let off...no other bow behaves this way and I have already tried assigning a different key but still the same result...the bow will not raise for successive shots>>
I've tried to replicate this, but so far I'm unable to do so. Bow automatically get notched. Releases arrow and then notch another arrow in which I can raise the weapon, aim and release again. Is this replicateable at your end, Is it 100% all the time? Or does it seem to happen at random? Restarting and starting a new game results with the same issue?
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Yes, restarting game has no effect...I forgot to add that I have a Logitech G602 gaming mouse and a Razor Tartarus Gamepad keyboard in addition to a regular keyboard...but again, none of my other compounds or regular bows do this (If they did, I would suspect a keyboard assignment error)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Yes, this happens continuously with this bow in any reserve...I have no problem replicating it...I'm in the process of setting up a video to show you...I would normally suspect a keyboard error, but since it ONLY works this way with the Snakebite, I suspect a game flaw..BTW, I forgot to add in my report that I have a Logitech G602 gaming mouse, a Razor Tartarus gaming keypad, and a regular USB keyboard
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Yes, restarting game has no effect...I forgot to add that I have a Logitech G602 gaming mouse and a Razor Tartarus Gamepad keyboard in addition to a regular keyboard...but again, none of my other compounds or regular bows do this (If they did, I would suspect a keyboard assignment error)
Could you unplug the extra razor tartarus, restart the computer and try again. Just so we can rule out that extra key/game-pad. Also, if you have made any mouse macros for the logitech mouse if you could turn them off as well. I just want to make sure it isn't a hardware issue.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

If I turn off macros for mouse and game keyboard, I will not be able to test the assigned keys and I do not want to reset my key assignments to default and then have to go thru the process of re-assigning them....Trust me, if this was a hardware issue, the other bows would exhibit the same behavior
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

I expected this to die with the "not being able to reproduce" factor...I'm more or less submitting it for the record in case anyone else has this problem...in the meantime, once I max out this weapon to 1000, I will put it away for good....it's too loud, no multiple pin option and now a buggered deployment sequence...so thanks for your response and you can move on to the next bug
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Submitted two videos showing that the follow-up shot does not work with both the Snakebite and the Python, but DOES work with the Pulsar. This seems to negate the possibility of a hardware problem, since the inability to raise the weapon for second and third shots, would also manifest itself with the Pulsar (unless they assigned a different "Raise Weapon" button for JUST that one particular compound bow----BUT WHY WOULD THEY).....EW insists it's hardware and would like me to "dissect" my system....not happening
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Unread postby Alphamale1956 » Today, 12:10 am
Submitted two videos showing that the follow-up shot does not work with both the Snakebite and the Python, but DOES work with the Pulsar. This seems to negate the possibility of a hardware problem, since the inability to raise the weapon for second and third shots, would also manifest itself with the Pulsar (unless they assigned a different "Raise Weapon" button for JUST that one particular compound bow----BUT WHY WOULD THEY).....EW insists it's hardware and would like me to "dissect" my system....not happening
Okay, since you don't want to reset your key bind to the default. Do you have another keyboard and mouse you could plug in? Instead of the extra gear that you have? If you play from Steam you can download the game from our website and have two separate game configurations or vice versa.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Why don't we start with your default key mapping...First, why is there TWO map buttons? Do we have three different maps?? Since my problem involves the map button, let's start there
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 31st, 2017, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed 3 to 2 per user request

Return to “Equipment / Gear”