Scent hound not working in joined MP games

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
HunterGirl
Scout

Scent hound not working in joined MP games

Post by HunterGirl »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP

Description:
When I joined a friends open MP game, sometimes my scent hound does not work. Though it says he is equipped in my inventory, he will not appear on the game and I cannot use him. I have had sometimes where he did work of a friends map, but most of the time he doesn't. If I open a MP game on my own map, I have no problems, but sometimes my friends do.

Steps to Reproduce:
Join a Different persons MP hunt
Equip scent hound

My Computer
Platform: Dell
OS & Version: Win7 , 64bit
Eva999
Spotter

Re: Scent hound not working in joined MP games

Post by Eva999 »

I've observed this as well. Sometimes on someone else's map, the scent hound works, sometimes he doesn't. I haven't tried to confirm whether this also happens with the retriever.

FWIW, if your scent hound is equipped with a backpack, you still have access to anything you put in it. You just don't have access to the dog himself. I can also confirm that it's never an issue when I am host, only when I am guest.
Nexis981
Tracker

Scent hound/dog not working in joined MP games

Post by Nexis981 »

I can confirm that Bug too.

If join as Guest to my friends Map (he was Host), i can equip my Dog and can have access to his bag, but the Dog itself doesn't appear and Dog-Menu (V-Menu) doesn't work.

Same if my friend join as Guest to my Map. He can equip the dog, but his Dog doesn't appear and his Dog-Menu doesn't work.

Our Solution-Tries:
  • It doesn't matter if the Guest joins at Lodge or Tent, the guests Dog do not appear/spawn.
    Bug counts for Scentdog and Retriever.
    Enter and exit a Trophy-Lodge does not fix the Bug.
    Fast-traveling between Lodges does not fix it too.
    Uneqip the Dog ... leave (save) Inventory ... re-enter Inventory ... equip Dog ... leave (save) Inventory >> does not fix the Bug.
    Starting without dog and equipping dog after joining the Game as Guest >> does also not fix the Bug.
So this Bug is still actual.

With firendly Greetings
Nexis
Elrique64
Spotter

Post by Elrique64 »

I can confirm it as well. When my scent dog leveled to 32 He no longer tracked anything. Until the dog leveled to 32 he worked flawlessly in both MP and SP games.

The animation for sending him on a track (player animation) never happens. The HM goes down, but the right hand sweep to send the dog out never works. This happens in both my own MP games and in MP games I have joined.

In many MP games I've joined, the dog shows in my inventory, I can put things into his pack, but the dog never shows up on the HM. (I have the GPS chip for him.)

Now he is level 33, and still no tracking. It took several days to level him up the whole of 32-33 by parking him and then calling to me, when he was actually in the game with me.

At this point, the dog is little more than a backpack that can only really be sued when not in a lodge or tent inventory screen. Things put into the dog's pack when in the lodge inventory screen disappear, only to reappear in the lodge's inventory.

Needless to say, at this point, I'm almost regretting the EM$ spent on him.
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Elrique64 wrote: The HM goes down, but the right hand sweep to send the dog out never works. This happens in both my own MP games and in MP games I have joined.

In many MP games I've joined, the dog shows in my inventory, I can put things into his pack, but the dog never shows up on the HM. (I have the GPS chip for him.)

Now he is level 33, and still no tracking. .
If you are doing this while kneeling, try it while standing up. For some reason it's been broken while kneeling for the last couple patches.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”