Shot reverb mutes when changing equipment slot

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Lawger
Hunter

Shot reverb mutes when changing equipment slot

Post by Lawger »

Description:
When you fire a weapon (rifles, shotguns and handguns that make a loud bang) there's a significant reverb, meaning that the sound lingers and echoes for a couple of seconds just like in real life. If you fire a weapon and then change your active equipment slot (press any of the buttons between 1 and 9 where you have something equipped, other than the one representing the weapon you just fired) this reverb instantly mutes.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a game, equip at least two pieces of equipment with at least one rifle, shotgun or handgun (other than the air gun and .22 caliber weapons), fire the weapon and then instantly change to the other equipment slot.

Additional Information:
I only had time to try this at the shooting range by the southern lodge at Logger's Point in a single player session. Can't yet confirm if the problem exists everywhere and/or in both game modes.

My Computer
Platform: MSi GE72 Apache Laptop (Core i7 CPU, GTX960m GPU)
OS & Version: Win10 64 bit

Return to “Equipment / Gear”