Deployable hunting towers

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
METALEAGLE
Spotter

Deployable hunting towers

Post by METALEAGLE »

Seems that animals are spooking around these in the Red Feather Falls compound . I have 2 setup in different locations of course one in the marsh and one in the mountains. Ass soon as the animals reach it they spook as if you are in full view.I have these for use in a mp map.Not sure if its a bug or what.I have tested this by going prone or kneeling all have the same result.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Re: Deployable hunting towers

Post by Cartoon Head »

Animals have always spooked under my tower, if they get close enough to spit on they will always flee from me.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

The deployable hunting tower has no scent reduction like the treestand, tripod and standard tower. So when animals with a good sense of smell comes around like deer and bear they can smell you easily if they are downwind. Other than that the animals can only see the portion of you that sticks above the outer wall. So if they spooked and you were prone or crouched, it had to be smell.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Cartoon Head wrote:Animals have always spooked under my tower, if they get close enough to spit on they will always flee from me.
yeah, but i talked to dennis before approving this bug report and apparently this behaviour is not intended. they will check the hunting towers.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Interesting KT, could be a game changer for me if I can stay in my tower.
Hunter-X
Spotter

Post by Hunter-X »

I have always wonder about scent in tripod and deployable tower. Wiki says scent reduction in tripod have Very Good, deployable tower have None, and permanent tower have Unknown. Tripod close to ground and animal with no walls. Tower above ALL animal with four walls and roof. Make no sense, is intended or accident?
METALEAGLE
Spotter

Post by METALEAGLE »

Have been doing a bit more testing with the towers. In a tree stand close to observe tower animals do not spook.A hunter with all the possible precautions spooks the animal as it it walked rite next to them.Not visible in tower at all.Just keeping every one up to date on this issue.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”