Cannot Place Bear Bait Barrel Anywhere? [3157]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
McNamee

Cannot Place Bear Bait Barrel Anywhere? [3157]

Post by McNamee »

Hello

Recently i have purchase a bear bait barrel and bear bait. However, on Redfeather falls i cannot seem to place the barrel anywhere? I have been trying to place it for 30 minutes but the outline is continuously red, it has never ever turned white. Can someone help me?
Durin
Scout

Re: Cannot Place Bear Bait Barrel Anywhere? [3157]

Post by Durin »

Normaly it turns white if you are not to near to a tent or a lodge (400m ) and only if the ground is flat whithout trees and dry (not in water)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Right click your mouse while you are moving it around and its red. It will likely tell you that you are too close to a lodge or tent. Even though you walked off 400 meters, many time EW's distance, and yours and mine, are two different things.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

You also cannot place it too close to a blind, stand, or tower. If you are not sure why you get the red outline when attempting to place something, press the key anyway and a message explaining why should appear in the upper left corner. Take it from someone who had to rearrange an entire spread of dekes when she wanted to move her blind one. Lousy. Metre. :o :evil: :?

Return to “Equipment / Gear”