Movement Speeds

Minkus32

Movement Speeds

Post by Minkus32 »

I would love if we had a stalking mode speed.
I've crouched and walked like we have now, but I've also crouched and stalked an animal too..its a lot slower and a lot quieter (at least I hope it is).
Would love to be able to crouch and 1/2 or 1/4 speed move at the same time...
John Swanson
Tracker

Re: Movement Speeds

Post by John Swanson »

cotw has two speeds for crouch and two speeds for prone, would be nice if they could port this over.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I agree, however this was proposed before. :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It would be cool to have speed & stance be independent of each other (with obvious limits).
I've always found it strange to hunt in crouch mode. If I did that IRL, I'd have an enormous chiropractor bill.
I'd like a slower upright walking/stalking speed.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tod1d wrote:It would be cool to have speed & stance be independent of each other (with obvious limits).
I've always found it strange to hunt in crouch mode. If I did that IRL, I'd have an enormous chiropractor bill.
I'd like a slower upright walking/stalking speed.
It would be nice to have a stalking walking speed if it worked silently and kept animals from detecting our movement, as of now a lot of animals can spot you if you're standing... unless you're behind an object.
Too bad they couldn't make the foliage so the animals couldn't see through it like we can't see them through foliage at closer distances. At one time After COTW was released I thought they said they were going to implement
COTW foliage features into Classic. The way it is now some animals spook too close while you're even crouching, whether they spook from your movement or noise,.. but I've seen them still spook
even while the wind was blowing into your face and you have scent eliminator on.
But I don't see no fix for this no time soon into this stage of the game.
John Swanson
Tracker

Post by John Swanson »

gas56 wrote: But I don't see no fix for this no time soon into this stage of the game.
such a shame, it's one of the best features apart from the beautiful maps.
DAT66

Post by DAT66 »

i recently played Escape from Tarkov again and remembered the mouse scroll to adjust the moving speed in order to reduce noise - a very nice feature that i could imagine very good for this kind of game. you can scroll in crouch or stand/walk and reduce the noise you make from you gear or the bushes you sneak through.
so if any of the dev team is looking for new ideas, that would be something we could use in this game.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

The problem with too much noise has always been raised here, but developers denied any change. Somehow it must be kept an equilibrium; in real life an animal who has hundreds of time human sensibility (let alone hearing) senses you from half of kilometer, so...the way it is now is a good status quo.It wouldn't be any fun if you could sneak without noise near any animal, would it ? You couldn't then call it a simulator anymore.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”