Animal targets for every species please!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Animal targets for every species please!

Post by DYEUZ »

srb2012 wrote:why not have the 3 d targets the same as duck, geese decoys. you can buy a pack depicting a set of animals and place them no further than 200 meters of your cabin. each decoy can be turned in any direction and any amount of packs. the pack could represent the different animals from each map or one set of animals in each pack could be 3 bucks 3 does.
One of many problem i see here is that your ammo will be used and wont replenish vs. where you use, but don't spend any in a shooting range .

- Will you have to place them every time you want to practice ? or they would be left there ?
- What if you want to practice long shots ? How will you do this ? Carry your decoy and try to find a nice open area 200m away and then come back !

The OP was talking mainly about other med @ big species , birds , rabbits excluded .
I imagine myself , carrying an Elk or Water Buffalo decoy in the woods to practice . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

srb2012 wrote:why not have the 3 d targets the same as duck, geese decoys. you can buy a pack depicting a set of animals and place them no further than 200 meters of your cabin. each decoy can be turned in any direction and any amount of packs. the pack could represent the different animals from each map or one set of animals in each pack could be 3 bucks 3 does.
That might be a good idea, however i think it should only be place able in existing shooting ranges.
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

i mentioned on another post a few months back about having a placeable mat for target practice, you could place it anywhere on the map. now imagine placing one on top of the many hills on brr and setting up some goat, pig, roo decoys 200 meters out.
when using a placeable mat you get unlimited amo only when standing, kneeling on it. the devs would need to figure out how for this not to be abused and in general shooting, perhaps using this pad the amo is target shot only and can't kill any animals.
the 200 meter range was only so as its not as far to travel back and forth with diff weapons and decoys if you want to change them.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I think being able to place the targets your self wouldn't be too bad. Then You could use flag markers to show where you shoot from and have your own personalized range.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

srb2012 wrote:i mentioned on another post a few months back about having a placeable mat for target practice, you could place it anywhere on the map. now imagine placing one on top of the many hills on brr and setting up some goat, pig, roo decoys 200 meters out.
when using a placeable mat you get unlimited amo only when standing, kneeling on it. the devs would need to figure out how for this not to be abused and in general shooting, perhaps using this pad the amo is target shot only and can't kill any animals.
the 200 meter range was only so as its not as far to travel back and forth with diff weapons and decoys if you want to change them.
I really like that idea, it would be great to have extreme range targets to experiment with bullet drop. Though what I hope for the most is the animal manikins to practice shot placement. That's not to say both in one isn't possible.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I think being able to place the targets your self wouldn't be too bad. Then You could use flag markers to show where you shoot from and have your own personalized range.
And they could easily monetize it by selling the 3D targets for a nominal fee. I, for sure, would buy one of each species. And some practice targets for setting up a longer range if available.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

I really like the idea of being able to purchase targets and manikins to build your own custom shooting range, that would solve the issue of the economical side of things as well as being able to have very long range targets and shot placement dummies. They could even add bundles with different amounts and verities of targets. Although hopefully they don't make it that expensive. I like the idea of the shooting mat that gives unlimited ammo like any other shooting range, they could charge like 400EM for the mat and then you could buy the targets for either 25EM or 2500GM. That would make it so you need to make at least one purchase but the rest could be done by completing missions.

I really like where this forum is going, this is starting to sound like a solid idea! Just one big thank you for everyone's little contributions.
Tod1d wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:I think being able to place the targets your self wouldn't be too bad. Then You could use flag markers to show where you shoot from and have your own personalized range.
And they could easily monetize it by selling the 3D targets for a nominal fee. I, for sure, would buy one of each species. And some practice targets for setting up a longer range if available.
I would be sure to buy that as well, as long as the price is reasonable enough. I would say no more than like 500-700 EMs (preferably less) for an entire set of species. They could even just put it all in a bundle, make it simple to purchase and give a deal to those who want a full set.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Lots of great ideas and thoughts posted here! Hope they will get picked up, designed, and developed into the game. :D
Spoiler:
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Swampfox wrote:Lots of great ideas and thoughts posted here! Hope they will get picked up, designed, and developed into the game. :D
Yeah I don't know how active the devs are when it comes to looking at suggestions in the the forum but I actually really want this in the game now. This started off as a long shot, but now the idea seems to be pretty well thought out and it seems to be like something that EW would come up with.

Here's to hoping!
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

srb2012 wrote:i mentioned on another post a few months back about having a placeable mat for target practice, you could place it anywhere on the map. now imagine placing one on top of the many hills on brr and setting up some goat, pig, roo decoys 200 meters out.

I like the idea too. :)

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”