Animal targets for every species please!

CapnQuint
Tracker

Animal targets for every species please!

Post by CapnQuint »

In red feather falls they have a target range where the targets are replicas of moose, white tail, and black bear. This target range is an awesome place to practice shot placement because the targets tell you what organs you hit, however it only has those three animals. They need to add another range like this, but this time, with every animal in the game (probably excluding birds and rabbits). This would be extremely helpful, especially on the biggest animals like water buffalo. I use the red feather target range every time I get a new weapon to get a feel for it's power and penetration, and I recommend the range for every new player I meet.

If I could get some people to beck me up that would be great and as always... Thank you!

AmbushPredator
Scout

Re: Animal targets for every species please!

Post by AmbushPredator »

That’s a really good idea!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Lots of work for what it would bring to EW , which is absolutely nothing , money wise / income . Like you are asking for approx 25 other species !!

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

AmbushPredator wrote:That’s a really good idea!
Thanks! I think it would be a huge help to everyone.
DYEUZ wrote:Lots of work for what it would bring to EW , which is absolutely nothing , money wise / income . Like you are asking for approx 25 other species !!
I wouldn't know of course, but I don't think it would be that hard. They could just use the same stats of the animals, and just change the existing animal models to look like manikins. However, I sure do see your point.
Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

I really like this idea, though maybe not every animal should be made into a target, as it would be lot of work of EW as said above. Maybe just one target type for each "type of species". For example, you wouldn't need to make a replica of every deer species, but just one or two generalised deer models as most of their organs are in similar places. Same goes for the sheep/goat species and maybe for the bovine species as well.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

It would be even cooler if they were set up like a 3D course through the woods. That would be awesome!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Skorpiovenator wrote:I really like this idea, though maybe not every animal should be made into a target, as it would be lot of work of EW as said above. Maybe just one target type for each "type of species". For example, you wouldn't need to make a replica of every deer species, but just one or two generalised deer models as most of their organs are in similar places. Same goes for the sheep/goat species and maybe for the bovine species as well.
Yeah they wouldn't need to add, for example, black tail and mule deer. Because they are so similar to the whitetails, but defiantly things like elk, bison, and water buffalo.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:It would be even cooler if they were set up like a 3D course through the woods. That would be awesome!
^ +1! This would be tremendous for practice!

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

SoftShoe wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:It would be even cooler if they were set up like a 3D course through the woods. That would be awesome!
^ +1! This would be tremendous for practice!
You and I are going to get along very well. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

This does sound incredibly fun. If they kept it very simple (like one for each type of animal), I don't see why it would be an unreasonable request. They already have the animal models, just make them static. Of course, I have no clue just how difficult something like this is to make, but I can get on the bandwagon and agree that it would be a fun thing to have.

That said DYEUZ has a point. If it isn't profitable, there's no guarantee we'll ever see it. Almost makes me wonder if they could design a shooting gallery you could pay for. That would be awesome, but I doubt it would be a real seller. People would rather just shoot the real animals they've already paid for than pay more to shoot fake animals. But then, what if the shooting galleries had a scoring system? Competitions? Moving targets? One can dream, right?

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”