Overheat mechanics improvements

Sherab86
Hunter

Overheat mechanics improvements

Post by Sherab86 »

In opossition to many players, I like the idea behind "overheat" mechanics, however I see it more like "dehydration effect" mechanics. Still, it could be improved.

In firts place, I think that new tropical map, and Bushrangers map should have separate models. They are both hot enviroments, but this is close to 100% humidity vs. rarther arid. Human body's water managment works differently in both of this conditions. And could be nice to obsrve some differences.

Rate of getting dehydrated should be readjusted - to make this feature more like interesting addition, and not something influancing gameplay so much.

And finaly, it would be nice if the effect would be influanced by time of a day. For example, it would be quite possible to evade negative effects if one would go hunting in very early morning - for a price of lower visibility (dense morning fogs). This was example for the new map, of course.

For sake of eventual discussion - let's assume that mechanic as such will stay in the game. I'm aware that many of you would prefer to rid of it.
strandjutter
Scout

Re: Overheat mechanics improvements

Post by strandjutter »

Just do this to cooldown !

lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

wow so thats how it looks when we cross the river.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

I agree what is being said above. I also think it would be cool to see sweating when your hunter/character is really dehydrated. They could have few drops of sweat run down corners of screen and make it so when you are in free look you can see sweat drops every now and then run down the players arm. They could also add sweat patches on shirts (not the clothing suitable for the reserves though) or make the arms of the player a little more shiny when he/she is sweating to give that dehydrating look and feel.
Don't know if this is possible but would be very cool to see :)
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”