Africa vs. Aussie jungle, why not Africa?

Wetland
Outfitter

Re: Africa vs. Aussie jungle, why not Africa?

Post by Wetland »

I also AGREE that it would be AMAZING to get to Hunt the Big 5 on an African Reserve in this Game, but probably will never happen because of all of this Threatened or Endangered Species BS! I still remember years ago playing a Wizard Works Game called African Safari Trophy Hunter and shooting Lions, Zebras, Eland, Elephants and other Animals and how much FUN it was.

Wetland
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Would you please submit a link to an official statement saying this?
Look here:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p903294

It is where I've found it.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

thanks for the reply, mate. I must have overread this. Still I think it's not a big issue since legal, ethical trophy hunting on endangered game does no harm to that species at all.
In my humble opinion, without federal and public hunting reserves and the safari hunters funding them, many of these species might be extinct by now.
On the other hand, of course, excessive hunting in former times is one of the reasons why their status is so insecure today. Although destruction of habitats will have played its part, too.

Most of all, we shouldn't forget this is a game. As others said before, we are already hunting polar bear. Some people may remember the mobs' reaction on devs 'treating the ethical aspect seriously' in the early days of the Eisbär. And there are no hippies or Greenpeace dudes raiding EW. And they didn't with other safari games. So dev team might in the end treat commercial aspects most seriously.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

And I mostly agree with you.

However, this (as I've mentioned - if not here, than perhaps in similar thread) may also depend of your background. For example I feel somehow bad with the idea of hunting European Bison (wisent) even if this is jus a game. But at the same time I don't have problem with American Bison, or with idea of introduction of Big Five into the game.

When it comes to preservation of endengered species... Well, let's say that I would prefer if it would be financiated from other sources. Same way as I think that "control of population" of too numerous speciec should be done by reintroduction of their natural predators, and not by men with rifles. And we, humans, should finaly learn that we are not the center of the universe, and we need find a way to co-exist with other species - herbivores and predators alike. But... I know I'm daydreamer... :/
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

Tbh with you, there are a lot more "normal" hunting grounds than Africa, and a lot of them seem way more interesting.
Also i dont really think it would be fun hunting animals like Lions and Elephants...
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

andrefrcaetano wrote:Tbh with you, there are a lot more "normal" hunting grounds than Africa, and a lot of them seem way more interesting.
Also i dont really think it would be fun hunting animals like Lions and Elephants...
Africa not normal? Define “normal”, or your “normal”. Africa is just as normal a hunting ground as anywhere, it’s only exotic to people that make it exotic in their heads.
Lions and elephants not much fun, huh? So what in your opinion would you consider fun? And the key words are “your opinion”.
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
andrefrcaetano wrote:Tbh with you, there are a lot more "normal" hunting grounds than Africa, and a lot of them seem way more interesting.
Africa not normal? Define “normal”, or your “normal”. Africa is just as normal a hunting ground as anywhere, it’s only exotic to people that make it exotic in their heads.
Lions and elephants not much fun, huh? So what in your opinion would you consider fun? And the key words are “your opinion”.
As you saw, i used " on the word normal.
I think that there are alot more fun places to hunt, as well as other more "usual" species to hunting.
Animals like Fallow Deer, Pigeons, Partridge, and alot more species should already be in a hunting game that has animals like Kangaroos and Polar Bears, and they seem pretty fun to hunt.

This is MY opinion, of course you are free to disagree, but dont be rude.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Fair enough. And no, I wasn’t being rude, it was a simple question for the sake of conversation. There is never a right nor wrong opinion. ;)
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

I would love an Africa just as much as anyone else, but I'm happy with what we are getting. The description of the map and animals looks very promising and i'm happy we are going to a place to hunt animals I've never even heard of, that's what makes this game so unique. On top of that I don't have a lot of confidence we will ever see an Africa type map, I think the devs are worried about a political back-lash about the ethnicity around hunting animals like lions. Personally I think that would be a silly thing to complain about, for starters it's just a game and I find it completely ethical to hunt them irl. Legal big game hunting promotes wilderness preservation and helps to provide game patrols to stop poaching, so in the end the population and living conditions for the animals increase. However, not everyone see that the same way we do so I think the devs would be making a wise decisions to avoid that realm all together.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Love Cutch's PETA Joke of the Week at Antler Creek Lodge this Week! he he

Wetland :D

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”