Africa vs. Aussie jungle, why not Africa?

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: Africa vs. Aussie jungle, why not Africa?

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Gewehrwolf wrote:They've all been there before. Its not a big step from a whitetail to a sittka dear by the means of programming. Same applies to them all, it's basically a reskin and maybe some minor changes in behaviour. But looking at the bovine, feline and goat/species that were introduced lately, this is a way larger step
putting antelope horns on an elk/deer, then slightly change the stature of the animal isn't that hard...... they changed the body on a sitka from a whitetail, and they also changed the color from the whitetail, and also gave it different horns. I'm not talking about lions and leopards, I want maybe some kudu, springbok, impala, warthogs, cape buffalo(which would be a reskin of the upcoming water buffalo), maybe an ostrich or one other big cat.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:
Gewehrwolf wrote:They've all been there before. Its not a big step from a whitetail to a sittka dear by the means of programming. Same applies to them all, it's basically a reskin and maybe some minor changes in behaviour. But looking at the bovine, feline and goat/species that were introduced lately, this is a way larger step
putting antelope horns on an elk/deer, then slightly change the stature of the animal isn't that hard...... they changed the body on a sitka from a whitetail, and they also changed the color from the whitetail, and also gave it different horns. I'm not talking about lions and leopards, I want maybe some kudu, springbok, impala, warthogs, cape buffalo(which would be a reskin of the upcoming water buffalo), maybe an ostrich or one other big cat.

I am very sure they didn’t make the Sitka out of the Whitetail. The sitka is called «Sitka-blacktailed deer» out of what i’ve read, and in the game they look a lot more like the blacktail, not the Whitetail ;)

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

kevin2106 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:

I am very sure they didn’t make the Sitka out of the Whitetail. The sitka is called «Sitka-blacktailed deer» out of what i’ve read, and in the game they look a lot more like the blacktail, not the Whitetail ;)
then you just proved my first point
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

kevin2106 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:

...and where do you think the in-game Blacktail derived from?
;)
No, in all honesty, the Whitetail and Mule Deer were the first deer species in the game. The Blacktail came later on, when LP was created. The Blacktail is modeled after the Mule Deer, which is actually very obvious in early pictures of both. By the time the Blacktail was created, the Mule Deer had already undergone a few changes, since in the beginning they looked like gray whitetails. And IRL, Mule Deer and Blacktail are related as well, some even thought that Blacktail were actually a sub species of Mule Deer and vice versa.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Wetland wrote:I also AGREE that it would be AMAZING to get to Hunt the Big 5 on an African Reserve in this Game, but probably will never happen because of all of this Threatened or Endangered Species BS! I still remember years ago playing a Wizard Works Game called African Safari Trophy Hunter and shooting Lions, Zebras, Eland, Elephants and other Animals and how much FUN it was.

Wetland
I have to say I prefer it when the game sticks very much to ethical hunting. IMHO polar bears shouldn't really be on the table, and all the "maximum that you can harvest" (be it weight or numbers) competitions should be scrapped. I know it's just a game, but it still represents the hunters' mindset and social niche in the gaming world, and I don't think, while it's looking for some realism, that it should extend to that.

Really want to hunt endangered or controversial species ethically? Make an African reserve that's stated in-game to be a private area with problem animals or some such, charge additional real money for the license, and pay out a portion of the profits directly to an African wildlife preservation charity. Hell, it'd be nice to see something like this every now and then anyway.

Long story short, I'd rather the game stick to ethical hunting, personally, unpopular opinion or no.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
baloo.the.dog wrote:putting antelope horns on an elk/deer, then slightly change the stature of the animal isn't that hard...... they changed the body on a sitka from a whitetail, and they also changed the color from the whitetail, and also gave it different horns.
Well, but they are both still deer, they behave like deer, move like deer, react like deer and so on. Each class of animal in the game doesn't only have it's own looks, they differ in the points mentioned before and even some more. And introducing a new class into the game is way more work than doing a reskin from white-/blacktail to sitka or let's say rusa deer. But, as you said,
baloo.the.dog wrote:cape buffalo(which would be a reskin of the upcoming water buffalo)
and having cats (bobcats) they might as well make
baloo.the.dog wrote:lions and leopards
so I still see hope that we will see an African Reserve/Expansion/Game one day.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:

...and where do you think the in-game Blacktail derived from?
;)
No, in all honesty, the Whitetail and Mule Deer were the first deer species in the game. The Blacktail came later on, when LP was created. The Blacktail is modeled after the Mule Deer, which is actually very obvious in early pictures of both. By the time the Blacktail was created, the Mule Deer had already undergone a few changes, since in the beginning they looked like gray whitetails. And IRL, Mule Deer and Blacktail are related as well, some even thought that Blacktail were actually a sub species of Mule Deer and vice versa.
My point was just that Sitka was most likely not modeled after the whitetail. All you said is for sure right, but wasn’t my point

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:And IRL, Mule Deer and Blacktail are related as well, some even thought that Blacktail were actually a sub species of Mule Deer and vice versa.
Those "some" would be those darn scientists whose job this weird classification thing is.
Sitka Blacktail and Columbia Blacktail ARE subspecies of Mule deer.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Knut wrote:Those "some" would be those darn scientists whose job this weird classification thing is.
I've met one or two scientists in my life and I can tell you: creepy people! :lol:
Image Image Image

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”