2 Options On My Opinion For The New Reserve

MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: 2 Options On My Opinion For The New Reserve

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Well as for New Zealand, you'd have Feral Goats, Red Deer and Elk as well as potential for Puma and Chamois.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Sherab86 wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:...and Im thinking the Devs that do animal modeling wouldnt be that involved with a new map if they were going to be using only the animals we currently already have. So dont be surprised if they release a new animal witht he map too. Could be wrong, but just a hunch I have
Well, I'm not so sure. I would have nothing against African map, but devs would need create not one new species for it, but whole group. I'm newbie, so I don't know how this was with previous maps, but I suppose that with release of a new map, maybe one or two new species were introduced as well (?). This is why I expect somethin more like russian taiga, with could be "populated" with many already existing species. There is only one map with Wild Boars for example, and Taiga or similar map could fill a gap a little bit.

But I would be very happy with African map, or maybe Indian map. We will see. :D Maybe devs will positively suprise us. :)
A Russian Taiga map could be cool, Im not opposed to any an all maps that they wish to implement ... its just that myself and many others have been waiting for so long for an African Reserve that I cant help but wonder if we're finally going to get it? I dont know WHY we havent as of yet, perhaps its that the Devs truly dont want to touch the big 5 ... but who ever said that the African Reserve HAD to have the big 5 either? While hunting is a world wide popular sport/hobby ... no where, and I do mean NO WHERE else in the world is known for being the mecca for big game hunting. African Safari is about as world known as the new york yankees, or new york pizza ... yes Im from New York lol ... but the point is, with Africa being such a world renowned location for big game hunting, WHY hasnt it been implemented yet?? HOPEFULLY, this map is what a LOT of us have been waiting for, the African Reserve :D
Hadlee

Post by Hadlee »

i wouldnt mind seeing an New Zealand/Oceanic Map :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

pirahna590 wrote:A Russian Taiga map could be cool, Im not opposed to any an all maps that they wish to implement ... its just that myself and many others have been waiting for so long for an African Reserve that I cant help but wonder if we're finally going to get it? I dont know WHY we havent as of yet, perhaps its that the Devs truly dont want to touch the big 5 ... but who ever said that the African Reserve HAD to have the big 5 either? While hunting is a world wide popular sport/hobby ... no where, and I do mean NO WHERE else in the world is known for being the mecca for big game hunting.
This is from one of the Ask Us Anything threads and answers your exact question:
Alena Rybik wrote:Q: Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.
pirahna590 wrote:African Safari is about as world known as the new york yankees, or new york pizza ... yes Im from New York lol ...
Off-topic, but I was in Manhattan a couple of months ago and went to Bleecker Street Pizza. Was my first real exposure to New York pizza! Didn't catch a Yankees game though :)
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

caledonianblues wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:A Russian Taiga map could be cool, Im not opposed to any an all maps that they wish to implement ... its just that myself and many others have been waiting for so long for an African Reserve that I cant help but wonder if we're finally going to get it? I dont know WHY we havent as of yet, perhaps its that the Devs truly dont want to touch the big 5 ... but who ever said that the African Reserve HAD to have the big 5 either? While hunting is a world wide popular sport/hobby ... no where, and I do mean NO WHERE else in the world is known for being the mecca for big game hunting.
This is from one of the Ask Us Anything threads and answers your exact question:
Alena Rybik wrote:Q: Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.
pirahna590 wrote:African Safari is about as world known as the new york yankees, or new york pizza ... yes Im from New York lol ...
Off-topic, but I was in Manhattan a couple of months ago and went to Bleecker Street Pizza. Was my first real exposure to New York pizza! Didn't catch a Yankees game though :)
Ahh, I didnt catch that response from them ... wish I had, I would have chewed it to pieces lol, such a lame response ... the cost to produce an African Reserve would be similar to the cost to produce just about any other map and to say that theres the ethical aspect to adding an african reserve ... well thats basically saying to hunt in africa is unethical where africa is known to be the capitol of hunting world wide ... I could go on but at this point its wayyy off topic and guess until they decide its ethical to hunt in africa we'll just have to wait.

LOL Yeah, they say its the water here that makes the pizza taste so much differently then other parts of the world ... being its NY, I still dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing that our water is different then the rest of the world but I sure do love the pizza lol. Its a shame you didnt make it to a game though :(

Back on topic, like everyone, I guess we will have to sit an wonder what the map is ... I wonder if they will release another hint before they release the map?
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

nomad wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
HD_Artworks wrote:I like jungle style too.
But I don't like to hunt Elephant! I like them and I'll never shoot them! :D
Luckily they’re only pixels. ;)
Indeed.
I wouldn't want to kill an elephant, but if it's a game i'm certainly up for it.
If Africa Reserve I'll go with Buffalo, WildeBeest (blue or black), Warthog, Kudu, Blesbok, (this two species have horns similar to Goat), Gemsbook (Oryx) also similar to Goat, Hartebeest, and like Roe Impalas, My Favorites: Kudu, Oryx, Blesbok (White), Warthog And would be marvelous 1 the big five Leopard.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I think they are concern about the fact, that "big five" are by most part rather endangered species. Add to this big problem of poaching in Africa, and how international community is touchy about that. And I can see a point in this. I suppose this also strongly depends of your background - for example I myself feel somwhat bad with the idea of adding European Bisons to the game, besides this is only a game.

From other hand, American Bisons are probably also not that numerous as well, but for some reason this don't bother me (and it seems, that also EW) that much.
lse2003

Post by lse2003 »

They could make the African map but they would have to leave out elephants because they are so big it will make the game lag more often. Like and winterrine ridge it lags every time a look at a group of buffalo.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”