Southwestern map

butch

Southwestern map

Post by butch »

I live in northern Arizona, I think a map based off of northern Arizona or new mexico could be a big hit in the hunter. First off the map wouldn't be desert, it would be best pine forests mixed with oak thickets and the occasional groove of aspen. The meadows would be large but not like prairie. The terrain would be a good to hunt, canyons that hold thick stands of juniper and oak, plateaus that are covered in stands of oak and aspen, and rolling mountains and knolls that make interesting ways for players to hunt the new game animals.
The game animals: in my neck of the woods we have mule deer, rocky mountain elk, black bear, bobcat, desert bighorn sheep, rocky mountain bighorn sheep, mountain lion, coyote, grey fox, Merriam turkey, pronghorn, the occasional jack rabbit, and a sub species of whitetail deer called cous deer(nicknamed the grey ghosts). I'm not saying all these species should be in, but I would definitely vote for the elk, pronghorn, mule deer, cous deer, desert bighorn, grey fox, and mountain lion. The map I would hope would be set in a fall setting where the oak leaves have just turned to the burnt orange they are now and the aspen have a light golden color.
Stands and blinds: this would also mean that the fall tent and fall forest blind would be more useful and that the treestands could be used in an environment that would greatly suit them.
This is just my suggestion, let me hear your thoughts.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: Southwestern map

Post by baloo.the.dog »

coyote
bobcat
desert mule deer- these would have a browner/sandier coat
javelna
cottontail rabbit
pronghorn
Gambel Quail, Mearn Quail, and scaled quail, all which would be on the same map and would have a general "quail" license for guests, just different species to add some surprise and variety
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
butch

Post by butch »

baloo.the.dog wrote:coyote
bobcat
desert mule deer- these would have a browner/sandier coat
javelna
cottontail rabbit
pronghorn
Gambel Quail, Mearn Quail, and scaled quail, all which would be on the same map and would have a general "quail" license for guests, just different species to add some surprise and variety

All good suggestions. I've seen all those in the mountains I was describing.
Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

Yeah, this map type has been suggested a lot and is one of my favourite ideas. Coues deer sound interesting to hunt as I've heard they have a reputation for being one of the hardest animals to hunt. It would add a real challenge to deer hunting in the game, as right now it isn't too hard to take down a deer in-game, provided that you watch where you step. The pronghorn is one of my favourite animals ever and I would LOVE to see it in-game. Javelina would also be a nice addition, as we only have 2 pig species as of now. Definitely one of my top reserve suggestions.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

I'd love to see a desert/arid map. Are there any sheep species, desert bighorn, for example?
butch

Post by butch »

AmbushPredator wrote:I'd love to see a desert/arid map. Are there any sheep species, desert bighorn, for example?

In Arizona there are 2 sheep species, desert being the most common, but in the white mountains there is a small population of rocky mountain bighorn sheep. I would hope this map would have desert bighorns.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”