Texas/Exotic map

lse2003

Texas/Exotic map

Post by lse2003 »

I know what you are think this guy wants a Texas map just cause he live there. This map would be cool with there being many species to hunt I live in Texas and seen so many exotics here that people brought in from different country's which are now roaming freely and are becoming a pest to farmers and hunters who just like to hunt whitetail. What would be cool about this map is it would be the first map to have many different species from different places and have those species since they are exotic and don't have a season in irl. That they be free to hunt for members and guests to hunt. some of the animals could be axis deer," whitetail deer to hunt these you would need a license or membership", Aoudad, Blackbuck, Blesbok, Corsican sheep, "dove hunting which could only be hunted by members or have a license" , Mouflon sheep, Fallow deer, Nalgai, sable, Texas Dall sheep, Wildebeest, kudu, and Four Horned Jacob sheep and Pere David's Deer. Having this map might solve the African map and give guests and members a chance at shooting cool animals cool animals. You could use callers for the whitetail, make a fallow caller and a pere davids deer caller. This could also be the biggest map with swampy areas to the south and dry savanna like areas to the north and forest type area with mountains like timbergold trails. The mountain area could hold the sheep species, the swamp are could hold the animals that like the swamp, the savanna like area for the African grazing animals and the forest area for the deer species. This would be a nice map and would satisfy many of the hunters who want different animals in the game.
gdawg2101

Re: Texas/Exotic map

Post by gdawg2101 »

I live in texas and think that this is a great idea. I would personally love to see javelina in this map and I think the aoudad and axis deer would be pretty cool additions2
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

One thing I personally always found weird, if not slightly repelling about Texas hunting is the sheer amount of introduced and feral species.
Who in their right mind would think that it's a good idea to liberate everything that roams the earth in their own backyard?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Knut wrote:One thing I personally always found weird, if not slightly repelling about Texas hunting is the sheer amount of introduced and feral species.
Who in their right mind would think that it's a good idea to liberate everything that roams the earth in their own backyard?
Those are high fenced "game ranches", such as the 777 or the King's Ranch. I don't think we'd ever see that type of reserve in theHunter, as they try to stick with native species if possible. At the very least, they're not throwing in obvious high-fenced animals, which is a good thing.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I hope not.

I've watched once or twice some of the hunting shows (last one: the extreme huntress competition - what a load of bull...) taking place on such farms, and it looked a bit like shooting goats in a petting zoo -or shooting fish in a barrel actually :D.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
lse2003

Post by lse2003 »

These exotic animals are not only on high fenced ranches or game farms they roam public land which I hunt on and I have been able to kill. These amazing animals that I would normally not be able to fly to a different country to bag these amazing animals. The exotics also don't throw off the native species such as whitetail or turkey. And isn't it annoying enough to have to switch maps every time you want to hunt something different.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”