Whiterime freezing to death...

triscuit

Whiterime freezing to death...

Post by triscuit »

I have lost multiple polar bears because you can't get on all the ice sheets in the water, even when everything is connected. This is ruining any sort of want to ever hunt Polar bear again. Can't harvest something I shot because I can't cross a tiny ledge and it says I'm stuck in the water and can't move? Why do we not have jumping? This is completely stupid that I have wasted so much time getting to a polar bear, shooting it, and trying 4-5 times to get to it dying and just quitting and not touching this garbage for another 6+ months just to find out it hasn't changed.
Kinarr
Tracker

Re: Whiterime freezing to death...

Post by Kinarr »

You can, with patience.
It is all part of the fun, the extra challenge.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hunt polar bears in the north east- They roam the peninsula there and you don't have to go onto the ice floats.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
triscuit

Post by triscuit »

Thanks, HooCairs!
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

I agree about being able to jump. I asked about it in the last AMA and received this answer. I assume they meant that jumping would allow us to reach areas of the reserve where we are not supposed to go. IMO, I don't see why it matters, since there is already a boundary system in place that keeps us from leaving the reserves, and their attempts at keeping us off the high mountain areas of VDB and WRR have been complete failures. There is always a way up, even without jumping. It just seems like an unnecessary inconvenience.
Q: Will we ever be able to jump, even a little bit. theHunter is the only FPS game I've played where the pawn can't jump. This would solve several navigation issues like having movement blocked by a small rock or not being able to clear a 1 foot gap in the ice on WRR.

Carl-Oscar: The game is built based on the player not being able to jump.
If we introduce jumping it could break the game play. So it comes more to design philosophy than technical problems.
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”