American Midwestern Farm (Autumn)

gas56
Outfitter

Re: American Midwestern Farm (Autumn)

Post by gas56 »

This kind of map has been asked for a lot, and it could be cool to see it with all the agricultural land & brush & woodlots, & ponds, swamps, creeks, & lakes that the mid-west has to offer.
This kind of farmland has the potential of all the huge racked Whitetail Bucks that end up in the trophy books each year and is a favorite place for a lot of American hunters.
Cottontail Rabbits, Red Squirrels, Grey Squirrels, & Fox Squirrels, along with Wood Chucks are all found in this farmland country.
There are plenty of upland birds from the small Bob-White Quails, the many Doves, Pigeons, & Woodcocks, to the medium Ruffed Grouse, Ring-Necked Pheasant to the bigger Turkeys. There are plenty of waterfowl species as the many different types of Ducks,.. and Geese (too many to name here). Skunks, Opossums, Raccoons, Minks, Weasels, Muskrats, Beavers, Otters, Red Foxes, Coyotes, & Black Bears all abound in this land called the Mid-west.
This is a Universal game and with that said, there are more hunting lands that can provide theHunter players different opportunities to hunt other places in this world, and I think we have been more than blessed from theHunter game makers to have many such wonderful North American maps and that more can be made at some other time in the future and that we can wait until then.
I know that I am only one person but to be fair to every player from different places on the globe that versatility has to be spread around so new and different maps will make those players feel like they are not left out of the many other hunting grounds that they know also, whether it is above or below the equator, and many miles in between from the far away places.
We should all have a little bit of what we all call home to enjoy.
Have a good 1.........................GAS
paul2012
Tracker

Post by paul2012 »

I think this would be a great reserve for them to clear up some time to work on some fixing and polishing the game. With this reserve not requiring many new assets, it would give them development time (which is probably in short supply with cotw now)to work on some legacy issues like crashes, bugs, performance, animations etc. while also satisfying a large portion of the player base that has been asking for this. And if they need some new mechanic or feature for the reserve, they can add something to do with food plots or farm corn fields, something that utilizes the very underused feeding state for the ai. Or if they want to get more ambitious, rutting whitetails will surely be a refreshing addition.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

a lot of people would love a west Texas hunting range.... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

A Siberian Taige Range with Wolverines and Bears would be cool.....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

So... you could say an American Hirschfelden :)
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Hifisch wrote:So... you could say an American Hirschfelden :)
indeed :D
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

id love a proper mid west farm reserve. a nice cross between settlers and hirsch. i do feel although it has aspects of other reserves, it would combine all the best parts. other than africa this is my next want.
Terminator
Spotter

Post by Terminator »

I would love another farm map - while we already have Hirschfelden it never really struck me as a "farm map" - weird as it sounds. I would much rather it been set during the crop growth and include fully grown fields for deer to feed and disappear into.

MIdwest setting? Perhaps, although I would be more drawn to a New England style with covered bridges and a quirky town setting.

But an American farm map, you have my vote. :)
Deer Hunter 20th Year Anniversary
Terminator - Biggamelodge forever.
Hiijinx in-game. Add if you like 8-)
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Terminator wrote:I would love another farm map - while we already have Hirschfelden it never really struck me as a "farm map" - weird as it sounds. I would much rather it been set during the crop growth and include fully grown fields for deer to feed and disappear into.

MIdwest setting? Perhaps, although I would be more drawn to a New England style with covered bridges and a quirky town setting.

But an American farm map, you have my vote. :)
hunting in a town? :? :?: :lol:
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
paul2012
Tracker

Post by paul2012 »

One thing a lot of people over look is the variation of environment within the region considered to be the Midwest, which spans from Ohio west to Nebraska, and from Minnesota south to Missouri. That is why it is generally divided into sub regions, such as the Great Lakes(MN, WI, MI, OH, IL, IN) and the Great Plains.(ND, SD, NE, KS)

For example here are some pictures that describe the Great Lakes

Now here are some examples of the Great Plains

And these are just some of the most stark contrasts, within each state there is a lot of variation to the landscape. For the sake of keeping this post from going on forever I am not going to show them all, I just wanted to make a point to remind people that the term Midwest can confuse many outsiders, and sometimes even insiders due to its broadness. Being a Minnesotan, and a Wisconsin land owner, this region not only hits home, but is home.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”