Indian Reserve Idea

Skorpiovenator

Indian Reserve Idea

Post by Skorpiovenator »

So,in theHunter we have reserves from America, Europe and Australia, but that's pretty much it. The 2 latest reserves were amazing, but still set in those same continents.
I think introducing a new reserve set in India would be very nice, adding some more variety to the game. I understand a reserve like this would be a massive undertaking, meaning the team would have to make brand new textures, assets and creatures, but if done correctly, I think it would be an amazing addition to the game. Obviously the devs won't have to start right now, but this is an idea for the far future.

Specific area:
An area to focus on for the reserve, I think should be the state of Maharashtra because of the large amount of biodiversity.
Animals in the reserve:
Sambar Deer
Chital Deer
Sloth Bear
Indian Giant Squirrel
Tigers (May be slightly problematic due it being endangered, but again, there are polar bears in-game).
Blackbuck could also be added, being the first antelope species in the game.
Sambar Deer could have the Mule deer as a base model, but with modifications to its overall build, head, antlers, fur type and colour.
Similarly the Chital would be the same but with a lighter build, different antlers and a spotted coat.
The sloth bear could be a reskin of the black bear but with more fur and also with its big claws, which could also be part of its scoring system?
Nilgai could be added as the 'large game animal' or maybe Gaur as well.
Several new plants would be needed as well, such as jamun, Palmas, shisham, neem, dhawala, kalam, Ian, mango trees and acacia trees.
Depending on the season, the reserve would look different, I think it should be set at the very start of the dry season, where it isn't bone dry, but still lush with green and wildlife.

In summary, I think this would add a huge variety to the game and also new items, such as Sambar and Chital callers and the bear barrels could be used for Sloth Bear.
Please consider this for a new reserve.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Indian Reserve Idea

Post by MooseHunter330 »

What about Striped Hyena? I could imagine them being pretty fun to hunt.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I don't know a thing about hunting in India, but I like some of the variation of species you're talking about here. Keep in mind though that squirrels are very likely a no-go with the current engine. There is a limitation in getting them to climb trees. If they were possible, we'd likely already have them in existing reserves, as they're probably THE most requested species that has yet to be released. What other hunted species do they have?
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Fred Bear shot a tiger, nilgai, and chital deer in India.
Might be kind of cool, although tiger hunting is no longer allowed.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

An Indian Reserve hasn't been made because of it hasn't been requested before.
That's not the case,... It has been requested and looking at this post with the pictures reminds me also of that post.
Although it's been awhile and was posted on the old forum, and with that happening, most posts from then with there photos are no longer available.
The idea was the same and it definitely would make a great reserve, as there are abundant deer types, (although I should point out that Chital or Axis deer are the same deer) and also have many other animals & birds. India is a huge country and has a big diversity of habitat and with that comes many animal types.
Here are some photos that I posted about Indian wildlife on the old forum from copies on my files HD.
And yes it's a great idea, just like Africa is.......... ;)
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

what is diff between chital deer and axis deer?

To be honest if we were to go this exotic, I would rather Africa.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:what is diff between chital deer and axis deer?

Nothing. They are called either Axis or Chital deer.

I think we all would,.. but they might consider making an Indian Map.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

gas56 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:what is diff between chital deer and axis deer?

Nothing. They are called either Axis or Chital deer.

I think we all would,.. but they might consider making an Indian Map.
be positive!!!! you have asked for Africa, for years! You might get lucky soon, especially now that there are no more biomes left except jungle or savannah for a reserve.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

Yes! This is one I'd love and proposed it a while ago... would be awesome if they added tigers, elephants and rhinos. To me it's just a game, we can pretend we're in an alternate universe where those species are plentiful, in the past or the future or whatever, but given the trepidation about adding polar bears I don't see that as likely. I'd be happy with deer, nilgai, boar and blackbuck personally, though I think hunting is banned in India altogether so even the ungulates might be socially unacceptable.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”