Thunder?

Jhon
Hunter

Thunder?

Post by Jhon »

Anyone? doing a hunt right now and I had this thought when the rain started. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some thunder sounds when raining? Or like moments before/after rain? I mean not always, like out of 5 times it rains there would be one time when it rains with thunder. Would make the environment feel even more realistic and it should be really simple to implement it into the game, anyone agrees? I cant be the only one to think about that :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Thunder?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Jhon wrote:Anyone? doing a hunt right now and I had this thought when the rain started. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some thunder sounds when raining? Or like moments before/after rain? I mean not always, like out of 5 times it rains there would be one time when it rains with thunder. Would make the environment feel even more realistic and it should be really simple to implement it into the game, anyone agrees? I cant be the only one to think about that :lol:
I remember one time, back then, when I saw my first albino deer (it was a whitetail) and was so excited that I accidently chose the wrong weapon and shot it with the .223 Bolt Action Rifle. At this moment, I was hoping that lightning would strike me... :oops: :oops: :P ;)

I agree, thunder would be nice. I think CotW has some, it's great. But as a hunter in the right mind, would you really continue your hunt if a thunderstorm came up???
Image Image Image
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

Of course I wouldn't, but its not a thunderstorm if we add just a little thunder here and there ;) :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

always wanted thunder in the game and lightning.i love rain and storms more than sun :D

i made a video to give the devs a idea of what i wanted many years ago.added in bird noises and rain and thunder.lightning.

Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

this ideally represents my idea, thank you, Ron, this clip shows just what I wanted :lol:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Some of the best turkey hunting I've ever had was during a thunderstorm. Not of the pouring-down-rain and awful-winds sort, but rather a distant thunderstorm where the air had a chill, the sky would spritz and you could hear the rolling thunder in the distance. Turkeys love to tell you right where they are every time the ground rumbles ;)

On that note, I would love to hear rolling thunder in the game. It doesn't have to be a terrible storm, but just the rain we have now with distant rumbling. I have always found storms in videogames made the game a little more immersive and relaxing, but that could just be me. Obviously in a horrible storm, I would not be hunting either. But if there's a short passing storm, It's not going to stop me.
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

xOEDragonx wrote:Some of the best turkey hunting I've ever had was during a thunderstorm. Not of the pouring-down-rain and awful-winds sort, but rather a distant thunderstorm where the air had a chill, the sky would spritz and you could hear the rolling thunder in the distance. Turkeys love to tell you right where they are every time the ground rumbles ;)

On that note, I would love to hear rolling thunder in the game. It doesn't have to be a terrible storm, but just the rain we have now with distant rumbling. I have always found storms in videogames made the game a little more immersive and relaxing, but that could just be me. Obviously in a horrible storm, I would not be hunting either. But if there's a short passing storm, It's not going to stop me.
Exactly what I meant at first place, buddy :D would love to see this in game

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”