Getting wet

akforeverlost
Tracker

Getting wet

Post by akforeverlost »

Getting wet in Whiterime. I understand that getting wet in the Arctic is a bad thing. But I feel that it's taken a bit far here. I stepped in the very edge of water, and the next thing I know I'm freezing. I doubt that the water covered the toe of my boot. I think we need to dial back this a bit. Thank you.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Getting wet

Post by TheSheWolf »

It's a safeguard for if you get stuck and can't get out of a bit between the icebergs. I had that happen with only my feet. VERY frustrating but it means I don't have to wait on a fast travel timer.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

One of my cousins in Alaska knows a guy who walked through 1/4 inch of overflow when it was -50 degrees Fahrenheit. His feet froze solid within an hour and had to be amputated. I don't think its overdone.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:One of my cousins in Alaska knows a guy who walked through 1/4 inch of overflow when it was -50 degrees Fahrenheit. His feet froze solid within an hour and had to be amputated. I don't think its overdone.

Wowsa!!! That's crazy!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

That was one of my questions when they first released WR.
I just don't know why we have such cheap boots that leak.
The Ice floes should freeze up all the way that time of year with such low temperatures.
But then again you can get different ice floe sizes by just setting scene complexity to low, med, or high.
I guess that's the only way they could extend the Polar Bear range intentionally on frozen ice and make you freeze so you would buy a heated tent to keep close by for you to unthaw.
It's just like the climbing rope mini-game in VDB, if you fall off the ropes you get hurt.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”