clear trees/branches near towers or trees stands.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

clear trees/branches near towers or trees stands.

Post by ronMctube »

i often joke that one product id love to see in this game is a chainsaw :lol:

the reason is because many towers or when you put up a treestand have branches or trees in your way.as a treestand user this can be very akward also with limited amount of trees that take treestands if would be great if there was a option to clear certain branches for treestand views or..on towers effects for tree branches to be cut back or removed.

another way could be on putting a treestand up no branches would be in your view after placing the treestand.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: clear trees/branches near towers or trees stands.

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:i often joke that one product id love to see in this game is a chainsaw :lol:

the reason is because many towers or when you put up a treestand have branches or trees in your way.as a treestand user this can be very akward also with limited amount of trees that take treestands if would be great if there was a option to clear certain branches for treestand views or..on towers effects for tree branches to be cut back or removed.

another way could be on putting a treestand up no branches would be in your view after placing the treestand.
You can move the tower,...
and you can even move the TS, ha ha
but a lot of the trees in TgT and other reserves are not TS friendly, or have branches at the height of the TS.
I wish you could put a TS on the dead trees,.. seems like there are no branches............ :lol:
I don't know if removing branches on trees would even be possible in this game.
Dynamic objects are removed around tent placements, but set vegetation objects such as trees are a lot more complicated to remove limbs or connected parts.
Another idea is to have the TS connect to a Tree at 3 different heights where you might be able to get a better view from one of the heights.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

towers as in static placed towers that cant be moved :lol:

obviously you can move treestands and other towers :lol:

yes you can move tree stands around but..if you get certain nice placements and the way animals come in often trees are in the way or branches.so it would be nice to remove obstructions from view so you have the optimum choice view. ;)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I joke about this as well... because I'm an arborist hehe. But Na... game doesn't need to be easier. It's all part of the challenge!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

TreeKiwi wrote:I joke about this as well... because I'm an arborist hehe. But Na... game doesn't need to be easier. It's all part of the challenge!
+1

Adds to the challenge and makes looking for those really perfect sweet spots more rewarding instead of setting gear up every 50 meters.

Also i somehow like a little bit of green on my treestands. Adds to the immersion and makes me feel more masked in my stand. The high trees on hirschfelden as an example were can put the stand in the crown and nearly have a 360 view covered in lots of green leaves. Awesome !

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”