Hawai'i Reserve

007aln
Spotter

Hawai'i Reserve

Post by 007aln »

Something I've been thinking about for a while now. I don't know how much work it is to make a new map (in Trophy Hunter 2003 users could make maps!!), but if making new species is the biggest hurdle I thought Hawai'i would be a fairly easy addition. Game mammals on all islands include: feral pig, feral goat, feral sheep, mouflon, blacktail deer, axis deer, and feral cattle and there are gamebirds there like chukar as well.

We already have feral goat, feral pig and blacktail which would allow for a purist Kaui island map. And if you were okay with mixing species from different islands (hey, we have whitetail and moose in "coastal SW BC"), you could basically reskin a bighorn for a mouflon and then make a totally new species, axis deer. The axis could of course double as a new Bushranger's addition and mouflon might work in Hirschfelden (I know there are mouflon in Germany but not certain if that is the right landscape for them - maybe spawn them in the forest?).

So with a reskin and 1 new species that could double in another reserve, I believe we would have all game mammals but feral sheep (who cares) and feral cattle (which I don't think is an important game species anyways - semi protected).

The landscapes would be cool because Hawaiian terrain naturally varies a lot in short distances. Mountainous rainforests, dry volcanic scrubland, seaside cliffs, expansive white sand beaches and little coves with black sand and red sand beaches. You could keep it all natural or put in some farmland as well - a macadamia orchard or sugarcane field.

It could either be 1 big island representing all of Hawai'i, or it could be smaller more accurate islands linked by land bridges.

While I wouldn't advocate for a Hawaiian reserve with all those repeat species over a new reserve with a bunch of new species, maybe there is a time when when a Hawaii reserve would be about the right workload for a new project (sorry, like I said I'm not sure how much work goes into species, map, etc.)

And if this suggestion were taken up, you'd have to put in a giant banyan!!
Last edited by 007aln on August 3rd, 2017, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mills
Outfitter

Re: Hawai'i Reserve

Post by Mills »

Great idea. Would be a nice change from the usual. And it would give us all excuses to wear tacky Hawaiian t-shirts and flower necklaces. Better not forget my "Mahalo Rewards card!"
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

Like your idea 007aln, and agree with what u said Mills. :)
butch

Post by butch »

Don't forget turkey. My buddy went to Hawaii to hunt the gobblers.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

butch wrote:Don't forget turkey. My buddy went to Hawaii to hunt the gobblers.
Yes! Moar Turkeys!

Truly... I still have the feeling they could be nicely implemented in RB, but I made a poll centuries ago that showed that eschewing these animals from RB is a good idea... To most players, that is.

But the whole Hawaian idea: thumbs up! That would bring some wonderfull enviromental diversity to the game. Can't wait to see something like that! And, yes! Yes! Yes! Etc... Feral cattle, please.
I really miss big game (I know, I know... Bears 'n Buffalo do fit that bill... but it's soo... American (and yes I know Hawai is one of the stars on the flag, but I hope ya'll get the point)) . So this idea of a tropical island with bovine species fits my bill... Give me a double rifle in 9,3 or .375 (or just in .4-5something NE :twisted: ) and I can have a good hunt with a lovely 1920s feel to it.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You are forgetting the chickens! That's the feral animal I have seen the most there... :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Blacktail, Axis Deer(It's been delayed for far too long), Turkey, Feral Pig, Moulfon, and add in an upland game bird.

Not a fan of shooting things that look like they escaped out of Farmer Jones's barn the night before.
Outlaw88uk
Spotter

Post by Outlaw88uk »

This sounds like a fantastic place to hunt always wanted to go yet never had the chance so please make it so! A new reserve would be highly welcomed and this has my vote above all!

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”