New Reserve (American Prairie)

denver
Spotter

New Reserve (American Prairie)

Post by denver »

I know some of what i am about say has been brought up before, but i am combining it into one large map idea.

Name idea is open for suggestions.

I was thinking of an American prairie in summer time. This would have animals in their summer coats.
These are some suggestions for species for this reserve, some or all have probably been mentioned before. Thehunter team would probably not put all this animal suggestions onto the map because it then would be overcrowded.

The map could be mostly an open prairie with some hills, but not to hilly like loggers point, and could have some small pine forests for the black bear, panther or wolverine and deer. i am not an expert with animals i am just going by what i know and my animal dictionary. So i will where animals go up to thehunter team.

Species:
Bison (in their summer coat), not as much fur/wool.
Grouse (game bird)
Mule or Whitetail deer
Prairie Dogs (similar size to rabbits, retriever could be used)
Wolf (new type of wolf), e.g. Red wolf or Timber wolf or it could be another map for the coyote.
Black bear, panther or wolverine

Please give me your ideas on what u think, but please don't be harsh, as i said i do like my animals, but i am no animal expert :D
butch

Re: New Reserve (American Prairie)

Post by butch »

Also rocky mountain elk. Have those all the time on the prairie in northern Arizona.
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

OK, thanks butch. Didn't know that they also lived on the prairie. Learn something every day :)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Great idea. I've been on board with a prairie reserve for some time now. I am from the prairie myself and there are so many great hunting opportunities here. Albeit I live in the Canadian prairies but they do have their similarities. For me an ideal species list for a North American prairies map would be:

1. Whitetail Deer
2. Bison (no current wild populations, but this is just a game and they did once roam here in abundance.)
3. Pronghorn Antelope
4. Snow Geese
5. Coyote
6. Gophers/Prairie Dogs

There are no Rocky Mountain Elk in the prairies where I live. We do have elk here in Samskanchewan but they are the "Mabitoban Elk" subspecies. Also, in the prairies there are rarely any wolves. They prefer more northerly climates or the mountains which is why the coyote would be a far more suitable species. Did I mention Bigfoot yet? Cause if not BIGFOOT!!

Mills.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

If there was ever a North American prairie map, it would have to include Pronghorn. Wouldn't seem like much of a prairie without them, and they are one of the few North American big game animals that are hunted to great extents in the US but not yet included in the game.
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

We already have an American prairie in summer time.
It's called Bushrangers.
It may be filled with Kangaroos, goats and pigs, but it resembles Dakota more than Australia.
We don't have hills like that Down Under.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Kinarr wrote:We already have an American prairie in summer time.
It's called Bushrangers.
It may be filled with Kangaroos, goats and pigs, but it resembles Dakota more than Australia.
We don't have hills like that Down Under.
Yes, you do.....Google images of Central Australia and it's looks just like BRR. There are a few places in western North Dakota and western South Dakota (the Badlands), that look similar, but the colors are all wrong of course. Now there are areas of Wyoming that look pretty close to BRR.
Personal Bests...
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

Thanks for all your extra ideas guys. Hopefully one day a prairie map will be added to the hunter.
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Jesus, cant believe you forgot Pronghorn in your initial post. Put them in place of Panthers and Wolverines.
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

Pronghorn seems to be appearing a lot and i agree that it s a better animal to hunt then panthers and wolves. But i didn't know that they lived in the prairie. Thanks for all your point of view though. :)

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”