Welcome to Miners Rest ( Reserve Idea )

D3AKUs
Hunter

Welcome to Miners Rest ( Reserve Idea )

Post by D3AKUs »

Hello Everyone :)

I have read this section of the Forum lots of times.
There are some good ideas and suggestions.

So i had an idea myself , spooking in my head for quite a while now.
I finally took some time in the last days and made it my little Project.

This will be a long read, so take your time and a cup of coffee if you are willing to go through my idea.
To make it more interesting and to better show some of the stuff i come up with i added some Sketches, and will go into detail as best as i can. Have mercy on my writing. I am no native english Speaker and some stuff might be written in weird way :D

Okay so here we go !

Welcome to Miners Rest.

Once a small flurishing Town in the 1950s , build near two Mineral Mines, it served as a home for the Mineworkers and their Familys.
After a horrible disaster in the mines shafts most of the ground in this area got instable and it was no longer safe to live their or to keep the work going.
From one day to another the whole area got evacuated and was abandoned for decades.
The area was not only used for mining , there was a small Farm in the North , dedicated to raise Nutria for their Pelt.
When the Area got evacuated the employes released most of the remaining Nutria Population into the wild before they had to flee.

Years later nature took back most of the place and it now serves as one of the most beatiful and rich Reserves for Small Game in the EHR.

U will find the following new Species here.

Racoon

Nutria

Pidgeon

Lynx

u will also find

European Rabbit

and

Canada Goose

A map of the Area , located in the North of Hirschfelden. Vegetation could be similiar as it will take Inspiration from european Areas ( eastern europe to be specific ).

1 = flat grassland Areas , u will find Pidgeons and Rabbits here and ofc these are also great for Geese hunting spots.
2 = Forest Areas, mixed Forest Areas like on Hirsch - Conifer Forest and or Leave trees with foliage to cover the ground. U will find Racoon,European Rabbit and Lynx here.
3 = Abandoned Mining grounds, abandoned factorys, working Areas and machinery. Mostly roamed by Racoons
4 = mix out of 1 and 2 - u will find a mix of Species.
5 = The main City Area. Abandoned Buildings - streets that can be used as nice open hunting spots. U can enter the Roof of some of the Buildings and use the Roof like a stand to get the high ground.
In the Center is a really big Parking lot - once used for the bigger vehicles and other stuff it is now partially over grown with grass and bushes.
U will find lots of Racoons and Pidgeons in the City Area.
The Parking lot will be an outstanding Spot for Pidgeon Setups and open field sniping from large Equipment like Tripods.
6 = Abandoned Pelt Farm - u will find Nutria here and on the River and Lake in the south.
They will mostly roam the Areas near the water but of Course sometimes u will find some roaming through other nearby Areas.

I want the Area to be inspired by small eastern europe towns and villages. Nature took back a lot of the area so u have grass, bushes and overgrown cars and other stuff in the whole area of the City. Some Buildings could be damaged and plants could grow out of them. A Little bit spooky maybe. Like Prypjat or other abandoned ghost towns :)

But i did not only come up with a Map Idea and some Animal Suggestions !

I also had ideas for Equipment and hunting mechanics for those animals.

URBAN CAMO CLOTHING of Course , which is an obvious Thing to add for an Area like this. The rest of the map could be fall or summer themed.

The ground got instable so u will find some dangerous cracks and holes in the area. Watch your Step if u fall in u will get injured and have to restart at a Tent or a Lodge.There is no way to use a medkit cause u would still be stucked in that hole but u can purchase FLAIR GUNS to call for Help ! which will spawn u directly outside the crack u fell in.

Now we come to the interesting part. Equipment for the hunt on the new Species !

First Racoons.

Racoons will add a whole new style to the old fashioned baiting Scenario.
U can buy Racoon Traps.
These will function like a Feeder in the first instance. U have to put small Bait Cubes into them to Keep them active.
They will attract Animals in a radius around them.
The range u will be able to place them in near each other or to your tents will be smaller then the one for Feeders for other Species. Around 300m apart each other. U can place up to 4 on the map.
But they also have a Twist compared to the old bait sites.
The first animals that arrives by the Feeder and got attracted will be trapped and cant not move away from the trap. The traps , if successfully placed it will always offer a 100% harvest/kill on one animal.
The trapped Racoon will make noises , calling for help from his relatives.
This will add to the attraction of the bait site.
Once u shoot the trapped animals or other animals around the trap. The trap will go completely inactive.
U have to replace it on a new spot and fill in bait again to activate it.
This will make bait hunting a Little bit more interesting compared to other species. Cause u have to think about good spot rotations and your hunt will be more active compared to the other more passive bait hunting species.
Bait Station will be a small cube that functions like a handcuff if the animals trys to get the bait out off it. could be chained to tree stump to make it look more natural.

Next one are Pidgeon Bait Sites.
This will be more like normal Bait Sites u place them and they will attract the Pidgeons.
They also work like Turkey Decoys adding some extra distraction and u can place 3 in an area to make the attraction radius bigger.

Thats it for the Equipment for now.

Lets get a closer look and some Special ideas i have for the Animals.

Pidgeons would act a Little bit like Ptarmigans. Flying around really fast or roaming on the ground. They will not stay at one place but roam around.
Racoons will travel alone or in Familys. They are not that shy to humans but if spooked they get out fast and the Groups could split up to make it more difficult if u stalk hunt.

Lynx - the rarest animals on the Reserve. Small spawn Numbers. Very hard to find. They have extraordinainary sensess. Large spook radius like feral goats.
I would love a new predator mechanic.
Similar to wolf and Elk they will chase the Rabbits. There could be dead rabbits spawning around the area like the elk carcass on tgt. These will attract Lynx. But not only this - the first animals arriving will actually eat the dead rabbit.
Which will ad half of the dead rabbits weight to Lynx. The lynx will score based on weight. So this mechanic will reward careful and Patient hunters when u find that lynx that has already eaten or u stalk a big one until it eats to make the Chance for a big trophy even higher.
Ofc this could attract map Campers , so the Bonus weight will reset everytime a new day starts on the map and the lynx will only eat 1-2 times per day Maximum.

I also have a nice idea for the Nutria scoring.
Their score will also depend on weight. But there is a Bonus System !
Nutria are animals that valued for their pelt.
So there could be mulitplier for different fur varations.
Like base fur scoring 1x the weight.Some other Variation as an example 1,1x times the weight and so on. While rare Variation add a big Multiplier to the score like maybe 1,5x the weight. This will make rare variations even more valuable.
And even a medium sized albino or melanistic would have a decent chance chance at a good spot on the leaderboard if you are lucky enough to find one.

I hope i wrote down everything i had on my list now. And it was readable ... i am sure i made a lot of mistakes cause i am not used to write so much text in english :lol:
Ill maybe add stuff later if i found something that i have forgotten.
Hope u made it to the end and i would love your feedback :)

edit : did some editings on some of the horrible writing and added some words i seem to have forgotten when i wrote some sentences :lol:
Last edited by D3AKUs on July 1st, 2017, 4:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: Welcome to Miners Rest ( Reserve Idea )

Post by D3AKUs »

Addition 1. Nutria live mostly near water in reality. So if u spook em they will always try to flee in the water and swim away if they are near the river or the lake. They are pretty small sized and the Retriever will be able to fetch them like Birds.
If u shoot them in the water u can use the Retriever to fetch them or wait until they float into harvest range.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Very well thought out and I like. I personally like the idea of an urban style area. I have in the past hinted feral pigeon around abandoned buildings and I love the old whalin station at WWR but an entire abandoned town I don't know if that in keeping with the theme of the game.

I do like the idea of raccoons and unique mechanics but not trapping or the use of feeders for pigeons. Wood pigeons are best decoyed on a flight line
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

I like your idea but making small spawn numbers and spooky will make Lynx a hated animal :lol:
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Some creative work here, I like it!
Too bad that in TH Classic it will always be close to impossible to e.g. make pigeons land on trees and lynx climbing rocks. :(
What I don't like that much is the idea of traps in theHunter.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thx for your comments and feedback so far guys - and for taking your time and reading :)
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

i like it all however instead of lynx or both lynx and ferral cats which were left behind by the miners and there families.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Anything with more small birds...Yuck! Just my opinion.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

it's a very small hunting area.. i'v always like the ideal of more 'structures' (abandon 'what ever') on a map and be able to explore them. but, i'm not one for rodent hunting. so with every small animal you will need a larger animal.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

Love your whole idea. Could not change a thing :D

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”